scottish champion of champions@ selkirk

i think it would be great if some sort of scurry / test could be arranged, wouldn't need a lot of ground, maybe a sit, a 5 second stay and a retrieve over a hurdle against the clock, or whatever, if it could be sussed i'd help run it for sure maybe even get a trophy or a sponsor

i'll need to think about that, it's all to do with the cricket club committee, theyre a bit stubborn to say the least , but it would'nt take too much to organise i dont think, so we'll have to see

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The deerhound gets worked 3 nites a week as a fire guard and the whippets a bricky mate.

No one is moaning or desputing some lookers are grafters but for denned to say this .....no be as many dogs in scotland worked as hard as that one ...Scotland is just not south of Perth

al have a crack at enaything u want mabe not [bANNED TEXT] kind a dog been in the game way ma dad fae a child theres plenty will votch for that dont keep bad ones so balls in [bANNED TEXT] court na sk

Posted Images

Wouldn't be difficult to run. A fence or something and throw the dummy. Even hay bales or something for them to jump. Time it and get a prize. It would definitely attract more gun dogs. And would make the show

A bit different from others.

Wouldn't be difficult to run. A fence or something and throw the dummy. Even hay bales or something for them to jump. Time it and get a prize. It would definitely attract more gun dogs. And would make the show

yes i agree , more gundogs , i'll see what i can do , nearer the time

loads of possibilities here like junior handlers, pets, multiple dummies (so the dog has to mark the earlier thrown ones) pairs, even mixed pairs ie a gundog and a lurcher or a terrier and if people are paying for multiple tries to beat a time the sheckles would roll in. in the states there are working tests for earth dogs involving pipes etc. i'm not saying jump in and do everything for everyone right away but trying to provoke thought and maybe get a few other ideas

• Like 1

scottish champion and reserve

DSCN0849.jpg

scottish terrier champ not the best pic , but the only 1 i gotDSCN0835.jpg

open show champ and reserve

DSCN0853.jpg

terrier champ an reserve

DSCN0852.jpg

working dog champ and reserve

DSCN0850.jpg

some more randoms

mmm what these women seen

DSCN0842.jpg

[/quotesome nice dogs

Edited by halloween man

loads of possibilities here like junior handlers, pets, multiple dummies (so the dog has to mark the earlier thrown ones) pairs, even mixed pairs ie a gundog and a lurcher or a terrier and if people are paying for multiple tries to beat a time the sheckles would roll in. in the states there are working tests for earth dogs involving pipes etc. i'm not saying jump in and do everything for everyone right away but trying to provoke thought and maybe get a few other ideas

I,d quite like to see high jump, need to get a bigger dug though :thumbs:

i think it would be great if some sort of scurry / test could be arranged, wouldn't need a lot of ground, maybe a sit, a 5 second stay and a retrieve over a hurdle against the clock, or whatever, if it could be sussed i'd help run it for sure maybe even get a trophy or a sponsor

I've suggested in the past why not have a test similar to this for lurchers? To test basic training and manners with say, a stay, recall, jump a hurdle, retrieve etc? It would make a change from walking round a show ring judging dogs on looks/conformation alone. I think it would be more interesting to watch for lurcher people and the public alike.

• Like 1

I've suggested in the past why not have a test similar to this for lurchers? To test basic training and manners with say, a stay, recall, jump a hurdle, retrieve etc? It would make a change from walking round a show ring judging dogs on looks/conformation alone. I think it would be more interesting to watch for lurcher people and the public alike.

this is with lurchers in mind to run in conjunction with a traditional show and by including gundogs and the like a lot of whom are owned by farmers and landowners we could also educate those who don't realise how versatile a decent lurcher can be but weve gotta get it right as with an audience the reputation of all good lurchers and lurchermen and women can be easily ruined

this is with lurchers in mind to run in conjunction with a traditional show and by including gundogs and the like a lot of whom are owned by farmers and landowners we could also educate those who don't realise how versatile a decent lurcher can be but weve gotta get it right as with an audience the reputation of all good lurchers and lurchermen and women can be easily ruined

I believe ALL dogs should be trained to do these basic commands regardless of breed - well trained lurchers would surely make an impressive demonstration and give people who bother to train their lurchers a chance to shine alongside the traditional gundog types.

Sorry i couldnt make it Denned but it sounds like all had a great day as usual. You and your merry bunch always put on a brilliant day and the best part is the fact that you listen to what others say and take points on board to improve on in the future. Looks like there were a few really nice looking dogs on the day. Hopefully, im back to full strength and good health for next year and can get my own show at the Fife back up and running. Well done again for putting on another good day, Del.

Sorry i couldnt make it Denned but it sounds like all had a great day as usual. You and your merry bunch always put on a brilliant day and the best part is the fact that you listen to what others say and take points on board to improve on in the future. Looks like there were a few really nice looking dogs on the day. Hopefully, im back to full strength and good health for next year and can get my own show at the Fife back up and running. Well done again for putting on another good day, Del.

cheers derek, hope your feeling much better than you were when i last seen you ,

lol lol,,,i know birddog,,,,very long time lol,,,,but he does look like he need,s the loo lol

good dog man,,,,always up for a chat wotever there age ,,,,always gives time to everyone,,,, :thumbs:

p.s my booker s,,,was better than his nch pure geniues,,,,,he hated castoff ,,,lol,,,,,for when he gets back on ,,,as hes back on silly hours,,,,taking time off to go to selkirk,,,,,see if i can get reaction out off him,lol hard as he,s seen pretty seen it all :thumbs: racer and hunter

Edited by whip x grey