Peoples opinion

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if youve to shout at your dog whilst out lamping would it not be better to keep him on the slip instead of scaring everything off in that field and maby the next ones ??

put them on a slip

all ways on slip! lamp dont aid the dogs viewing only aids my viewing of the run plus there lot of things i dont want the dog running these people that say i can call my dog off from running stuff the

all ways on slip! lamp dont aid the dogs viewing only aids my viewing of the run plus there lot of things i dont want the dog running these people that say i can call my dog off from running stuff they dont want the dog running are big jokers! :thumbs: the dog is bred to catch an wants to run stuff an catch these people are to be taken with a pinch of salt when on slip your in control of what your dog will run :yes:

• Like 1

i use a slip lead for the first few runs till the dogs burnt a little bit of energy off then it walks by my side for the rest of the night. atb :thumbs:

same :thumbs: , my older dog does that, but my young dog uses the slip, but am trying to get him walk by me a bit calmer than pulling my arm off :yes: thats why its better of the slip, but still early days yet :laugh:

all ways on slip! lamp dont aid the dogs viewing only aids my viewing of the run plus there lot of things i dont want the dog running these people that say i can call my dog off from running stuff they dont want the dog running are big jokers! :thumbs: the dog is bred to catch an wants to run stuff an catch these people are to be taken with a pinch of salt when on slip your in control of what your dog will run :yes:

You should be in control of the dog on or off the slip. If you aren't it isnt trained properly. Lamp lighting quarry-go,lamp off,back to you. Simple. If the dog doesnt do that then its not a lamp dog,its a point and shoot coursing dog thats not trained to the lamp properly.

You should be in control of the dog on or off the slip. If you aren't it isnt trained properly. Lamp lighting quarry-go,lamp off,back to you. Simple. If the dog doesnt do that then its not a lamp dog,its a point and shoot coursing dog thats not trained to the lamp properly.

SO because you are such a good dog trainer, when your dog is walking to heel and a rabbit (or other quarry) gets up a few feet away and legs it, your dog just ignores it unless you stick the lamp on it?

• Like 1

I think this is a broad subject which includes lots of factors such as breed ,prey drive ,country you hunt and what you might bump into, for example i live in the south west were we are over run with badgers there for the risk of walking my bull cross off the slip could land me doing a spell at her majestys pleasure , on the other hand i could take my collie cross and keep her tight to me off the slip as she is a more level headed breed , you cant just say your dog is not under control if you need a slip,to many variants ,or very narrow minded

• Like 1