dispatching bunnies

If they're still in the net stamp on them............thats what I did with the 2 I caught.

The most I ever caught, in a 100yds longnet using the trditional method was 48 singlehanded and I chinned them quickly,

I see sarcasm is lost on you mate.............Didn't realise this was a dick measuring competition. :thumbs:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never liked the chop, seen too many 'bouncing' bunnys, missed shots and swolen hands! Never for rabbits in numbers. Chinning all the way..

i dispatch mine by taikng them out of the net holding the back legs and giving them a chop behind the neck this works for me.

Stretch the neck everytime., don't like to see chopping.

I suppose it comes across like a competition, but was not meant to be, was trying to put a cross how good and quick chinning as a method is, as this set was at night, working alone, and this was the method I was taught by an old trapper.I cant see stamping on them at night would be quick, but perhaps im wrong, as I have never seen this method used.

I suppose it comes across like a competition, but was not meant to be, was trying to put a cross how good and quick chinning as a method is, as this set was at night, working alone, and this was the method I was taught by an old trapper.I cant see stamping on them at night would be quick, but perhaps im wrong, as I have never seen this method used.

Mate............I don't stamp on them I was being sarcastic!

I find chinning or chopping just as quick.........I only stamp on spiders. :laugh:

When I was a kid I used to chop, but as soon as I learnt how to stretch their necks I never chopped again! lol. I've never encountered a situation where it was necessary. Any sort of blunt force traumer causes bruising and if you're a 'head chopper' then surely you're gonna feck ya hand up? You only ever have to stretch the neck once but often more than one chop is needed. Theres just no need at all imo.

I've never mastered chinning but equally never found it necessary so never bothered.

One thing I have started doing which I have found bloody usefull is stretching their necks one handed by literally whiping them downwards while holding the rabbits head (difficult to explain). I have found it to be 100 successfull and in situation where numerous rabbits bolt or you have your other hand occupied this method makes life alot easier. Perhaps a bit brutal to an observer but I can assure anyone that it is just as quick as any other method and leaves a carcass equally as clean.

Its a good method for a quick single handed kill,say when holding a lamp. I take the head behind the ears between the index and 2nd fingers,also gripping with the thumb under the chin. Quick flick, job done. Chin them in the net or stretch and break if out of the net.

I stretch them, it takes a second and you can just throw them down and stick another net on almost instantly, pretty sure stretching them also dislodges the nerves so they dont kick about and end up down a hill or something.

I used to chop them but came across a HUGE rabbit and thought you can get f'd chopping that, and so I learned to stretch (its not hard) and relised its much easier, faster and safer method... though my dad still chops, I've never seen a rabbit still alive from him doing it so hes obviously doing it right (he is trying to get the hang of stretching but I think he prefers chopping)

Could never figure out chinning but from what ive seen when there BADLY tangled in a net its the best way.

I find chinning or chopping just as quick.........I only stamp on spiders. :laugh:

fukkin brilliant!!!! I wonder if anyone saw that and actually tried it.

There's chinning, the chop, the stretch method, and then there's......................THE STAMP! :gunsmilie:

There's chinning, the chop, the stretch method, and then there's......................THE STAMP! :gunsmilie:

The johnny stamp!

:laugh:

The johnny stamp!

:laugh:

Johnny after a good days ferreting

90246075.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=A7B69CF049AC9005D8BEA4B190B92B831F0F8835969A091E6285D17F07040918