driving the feilds

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was drivin the fields in the early 90,s when hardly anyone else was at it..we never crashed a hedge..snapped a lock..or robbed anything...if we couldnt get in the game was left for another day. Actual

It's just like EVERYTHING else, it's not black and white, there is a good way and a bad way of doing the same thing. Some folk are just wankers and whatever they do they manage to act like a fecking k

The numbers, kill crazy drivers aren't real hunters, and I doubt they even care if they destroy anything in their path, nor do they care if they wipe out a population of animals in an area: bring back

for twenty odd years i walked the fields and had some great bags and some good crack wi fellow hunters last year i was driven allover fields by mate as me leg was knackered while out walking fields i broke it in two places and to be honest the bags we got were unbeliveable never got as much before walking but i never intended to keep doing it that way and it takes for me the buzz out of hunting as half the time i was worried about the position the dogs were in relation of the motor and the other looking for dykes and rocks the 4x4 lads cant all be to blame for our sport getting bad press but sum are just plain stupid crashing fences and gates to get on im now totally back to parking up motor safe and go on foot cant beat the old wellies and walking

• Like 1

To say its cause the dogs cant do it without a mtor is laughable. A place whats hot as feck is much better to drive the sports fecked any way so who cares, the people who drive fields kill a lot more than the walkers fact. Cover much more ground and the dogs stil av to do the work. Q

People who drive fields kill more game what a load of shite,their just a load of lazy disrespectful knobs with no field craft what so ever!!
To say its cause the dogs cant do it without a mtor is laughable. A place whats hot as feck is much better to drive the sports fecked any way so who cares, the people who drive fields kill a lot more than the walkers fact. Cover much more ground and the dogs stil av to do the work. Q

depends what game your talking about,,, you wont kill more rabbits driving

yea you can if your dogs are fit enough and the rabbits are there

yes you can catch good bags,, i do it myself on permision,, and certain types of land it can be efective,,, but the bigest and best bags have been done walking.

• Like 1

depends what game your talking about,,, you wont kill more rabbits driving

Dam right and your not fecking peoples crops and and PEOPLE DON'T KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN and what they don't know won't hurt them :thumbs:

the lurcher game was feched when they banned deer hunting hare hunting fox hunting mate , rabbits is only one part of a good dog ,i can drive my land takes roughly 4 hours i can walk it in 12 , somenites it takes the old yolk to get the sport to keep dpogs [bANNED TEXT] some nites walkings best ,if you train your dogs [bANNED TEXT] a handy asset

Anybody who thinks driving the land makes the quarry any slower are way out ...the foxes we used to run pre ban were certainley no slower of softer..driving the land gets you 1 thing..onto more game and thats it. Its easy to sit there in the comfort of your livin room or bedroom and slate the lads that have done it. Like ive said...try it and then comment...atb stabba

• Like 1

the lurcher game was feched when they banned deer hunting hare hunting fox hunting mate , rabbits is only one part of a good dog ,i can drive my land takes roughly 4 hours i can walk it in 12 , somenites it takes the old yolk to get the sport to keep dpogs [bANNED TEXT] some nites walkings best ,if you train your dogs [bANNED TEXT] a handy asset

But Whin a lot are driving arable fields not grass and driving right across the middle of fields coursing game in the motor :icon_eek:

lee green brambles if you ever fancy getting your ass up to gods country ille show you what trained jukels can do driving a few dozen feilds and then weel walk a few dozen feilds , not every body is asilly laddie with no game sense who drives the stubbles at nite to catch there quota , maybe down south there ejits with no respect but dont put everybody in same boat mate

• Like 1

I do both,

This is were things get abit fcuked up the the asre holes that both walk and drive that leave kills all over the place ect , We only drive the feilds that we can easy access ect open gates and then shut them ect, never once smashed throw a gate in my life or cut a paddlock off ect, NEVER leave kills about if it aint away that night its fetched first thing in the morning type thing yous know what i mean dont want too go into to much detail,

I understand the shit thats attached too driving feild but in realatity it just anit like that never tard us all with the same bursh (Respect is the key in it all well in everything if life really),

Honestly we cover more ground in a night while driving than we could cover on foot in a fornight 7 nights a week hard at and see a hell of alot more game ect in the car, Every really decent bag iv had in my life or seen has come by driving the land,

Dont get me wrong also walk a hell of a lot too but just dont see the same amount of mixed game if i was driving,

IMHO whats f*****g the game up is the type that do it all for the wrong reason nothing really too with working dogs really more too with the thugish behaviour that they can cause and somthing eles too brag about because of the bans that are enforce these day ect,

But hey what do i know , Atb for the season which ever way you work

lee green brambles if you ever fancy getting your ass up to gods country ille show you what trained jukels can do driving a few dozen feilds and then weel walk a few dozen feilds , not every body is asilly laddie with no game sense who drives the stubbles at nite to catch there quota , maybe down south there ejits with no respect but dont put everybody in same boat mate

:thumbs: spoken like a true northerner