• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else noticed how there's quite a few people on this site who talk about people who just hunt rabbits as if they're not proper hunters? (usually also members of the anti whippet brigade). I fin

A good rabbiting dog is a well trained hunting companion. Those that knock it are too slow between the ears to train a decent rabbiting dog and so knock those that do. Anybody can get a dog to chase a

Perhaps cooked them wrong?   Honestly though, hunting rabbits is a skillful hunting genre in its own right and deserves full credit IMHO.   In a similar vein, when I finally went all FAC and got

Posted Images

cant beat a good night of rabbiting as long as its pretty action packed and not scraping around for a few runs here or there, dont get me wrong i enjoyed running the dogs on r/h/f/d, and feel priveliged to have owned dogs that i could take out for a nght on the rabbits but was also comfortable in known that if chance arised on other quarry that they had the capabilaty to take. not one trick pony but jack of all trades.

and ffs doo i hope you put them in the wash and not back in the missus's drawer!! :laugh::laugh:

It's not just about what you catch, but how you catch it.

Lamping by definition, is i suppose hunting, in that you catch game.

But the dogs aint hunting, they are chasing shit.

Same as folk, a lot of those who catch stuff, couldnt hunt their way out of a damp paper bag.

Stick em somewhere without a lamp and they would starve to death.

So anything that runs quarry isn't hunting......this has got to be one of your daftest posts :boogie:

It's not just about what you catch, but how you catch it.

Lamping by definition, is i suppose hunting, in that you catch game.

But the dogs aint hunting, they are chasing shit.

Same as folk, a lot of those who catch stuff, couldnt hunt their way out of a damp paper bag.

Stick em somewhere without a lamp and they would starve to death.

:blink: its not very often i post, but i do read a lot of topics, You Ideation with your first lurcher and do correct me if i am wrong here? can spout out such utter crap, beggers belief :blink: