• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else noticed how there's quite a few people on this site who talk about people who just hunt rabbits as if they're not proper hunters? (usually also members of the anti whippet brigade). I fin

A good rabbiting dog is a well trained hunting companion. Those that knock it are too slow between the ears to train a decent rabbiting dog and so knock those that do. Anybody can get a dog to chase a

Perhaps cooked them wrong?   Honestly though, hunting rabbits is a skillful hunting genre in its own right and deserves full credit IMHO.   In a similar vein, when I finally went all FAC and got

Posted Images

I think the whole thing about rabbits being beneath people is down to the nuggets who have come into the dog game since the ban just to get a kick out of breaking a law. Because it's not illegal to hunt a rabbit it's not worth it to them.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I love rabbiting! I dont care if it is just sending the beagle x into bushes for them or ferreting or lamping, its all cracking fun! My ferrets eat rabbit, my dogs eat rabbit and i eat rabbit too and the only way were gonna carry on eating rabbit is if we carry on catching um! Lol!

The shell suit wearing, baseball cap on backwards and a bull x brigade piss me right off. They have no place in the dog game or the countryside, the only reason they got into it in the first place is because they cant own pit bulls anymore.

most lads broke thier teeth on rabbits...

Perhaps cooked them wrong?

Honestly though, hunting rabbits is a skillful hunting genre in its own right and deserves full credit IMHO.

In a similar vein, when I finally went all FAC and got powder burners, the wife said " Are you taking your real rifle out tonight?".

She made me laugh, because I've taken literally thousands of bunnies etc with the humble air rifle - how real does a hunting rifle have to be? :laugh:

When times have been hard, hunting rabbits has helped out massively, by putting fresh, free range meat on the table time and again.

So down with the naysayers, hunting rabbits is about as real as hunting gets.

ATB

Duncan.

• Like 2

You wanna try owning a bull x without scars Rob. I only hunt food i can eat (Usually) Have had the odd fox/feral cat over the years, but not something i deliberately go out to hunt. If there was a need to control the fox numbers here and i was asked i would gladly do it, but i live in a well keeper'd area so there is no need.

I often get asked "does that dog work" purely based on the fact he has no facial scars :D:doh:

What do people reckon works harder......A dog which goes out and gets say 3 fox/deer per night, or a dog which gets 30 rabbits?

I luv bunny bashing as well as the next man but given a choice of a dog that takes 3 fox/deer a day i know what i would have :thumbs: