Hunting Down Under !

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in Australia on family business, and contacted some of the hunting lads down here for a few days hunting. The lads off "OzzieDoggers" did me proud and took me out on saturday and are arranging som

This is the dog with Wolfhound in him; a big powerfull dog, takes all quarry he finds !     Cheers.

These two wouldn't look out of place in the U.K. Basicaly bred from generations of Lurcher to Lurcher;       Cheers.

Lucky you C. Those dogs do look the business. How do you find the stags over there? Do they work in the same way as our type of lurchers? Or are there any significant differences? From what I've seen in photos most of their stags seem to have very good feet.

It's great to get out into different countries, I wish I could do more, and Australia is one country I would love to go and hunt in. :thumbs:

No doubt your having a superb time. Dogs look :notworthy:

Is there any country you've not hunted in? :laugh:

;)

Welldone CP I was going to be over in NZ last week for a month but job fell through ...As skycat asked how do you compare the hounds over there to what we have over here ?....hopefully you get right in amongst it

You Lucky Git CP,

Honestly looks like your having a ball over there...

(PS get as many pics as you can and stick them up its great too see diffrent dogs/quarry/terrain)

ENJOY atb T 7

where in oz you having a look mate, had a few weeks wandering ther myself,tho didnt do any hunting,completely different attitude to it all out there and a massive place.you see plenty on the pig hunting and pig dogs,whats the foxing like there? do they get to ground ,lamp um bush um very intrested to hear how they get on and wheres the main areas for the red fellas? seriously thinking of makeing the move.

Welldone CP I was going to be over in NZ last week for a month but job fell through ...As skycat asked how do you compare the hounds over there to what we have over here ?....hopefully you get right in amongst it

Hi Moo, I've been to NZ a few times, and did a bit of pig hunting, but to tell the truth I've never seen a Lurcher or running dog down there, although I know they have them. The dogs the guys used in NZ that I went out with were basicaly any dog that had the minerals to mix it with a boar, that included collies, ridgebacks, lab x's, bull types, etc. It's a different kind of land there, mainly forest blocks and native bush. The land I've just been on was paddocks with blackberry and gorse. The terrier flushed to the Lurchers. The guys told me the foxes rarely go to ground in this particular area, although the terrier did go to ground just as we got back to the motors, in the only earth I saw all day !! As for Skycats question about the dogs; they weren't much different to our deer X's, apart from one lump of a dog that had wolfhound in him, (I'll put a pic up later). One thing I did notice, they were extremly fit. They are worked very regular, and the days they are not worked, they are run behind the truck. I've got an invite for the weekend to a big organised hunt using Fox Hounds to flush to Lurchers, and it seems people are coming from a long way for this one, so I should see more types and X's and get some pics.

Cheers.