Dave Platts dogs

Never saw his line over here but if your after a good line in working deerhounds A.charles is your man. Iv had stuff off him and know plenty of dogs off his lines and they do the business day in day out but i suppose like all lines theres the useless ones aswell just dont hear of them as much.

SEEN SOME OF A.CHARLES DEERHOUND LURCHERS WORK AND THEY WERE COMPLETEY USELESS. HES A

NICE CHAP BUT HIS DOGS THAT I HAD SEEN AT FOXES HAD NO HEART WHAT SO EVER. AND I KNOW

LADS THAT WILL NOT ENTERTAIN ANY OF HIS DOGS ANYMORE. HAVENT SEEN ANY ONE WITH TOP CLASS

DEERHOUND LURCHERS IN IRELAND IN A VERY LONG TIME.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stubblebasher i dont lie that bitch caught plenty of hares dead of winter all given fair law in front of plenty of witnesses on big land and small land whether you believe that is up to you .but th

a deerhound or a deerhound cross can sometimes take 2 years to mature and start to show interest in working ...... a good question to ask yourself is have you the time and patience to wait that long ?

Probably can take some deerhound crosses to mature up to two years, especially some males, but this certainly dosnt mean they dont start to work till that age, Ive had a couple of first crossers, a bi

a deerhound or a deerhound cross can sometimes take 2 years to mature and start to show interest in working ...... a good question to ask yourself is have you the time and patience to wait that long ????

Probably can take some deerhound crosses to mature up to two years, especially some males, but this certainly dosnt mean they dont start to work till that age, Ive had a couple of first crossers, a bitch and a dog, both were killing rabbits before a year old, the dog acted like a pup till he was 3, but Ive seen some saluki crosses that acted like pups all their lives but killed well, on the fens, grab the bitch by the scruff of the neck she would squeal the place down, but she ripped fox to bits. Every pure bred deerhound that Ive also owned killed before a year old, the best modern day coursing pure bred deerhound Coronach Pennies Chieftain was killing hares early, he won his first organised hare coursing event at 15 months, and won his second 32 dog stake a few month later..there are breeds of deerhounds within the umbrella of pure bred deerhounds that are noted for being smaller, stronger, faster and quicker maturers..using stock like this in lurcher breeding can shall we say, quicken things up for the impatient among us lurcher folk...David Platts has been producing deerhound crosses for a long time now, and I for one havent heard many negatives about his stuff, so he must be doing something right

• Like 1

Never saw his line over here but if your after a good line in working deerhounds A.charles is your man. Iv had stuff off him and know plenty of dogs off his lines and they do the business day in day out but i suppose like all lines theres the useless ones aswell just dont hear of them as much.

SEEN SOME OF A.CHARLES DEERHOUND LURCHERS WORK AND THEY WERE COMPLETEY USELESS. HES A

NICE CHAP BUT HIS DOGS THAT I HAD SEEN AT FOXES HAD NO HEART WHAT SO EVER. AND I KNOW

LADS THAT WILL NOT ENTERTAIN ANY OF HIS DOGS ANYMORE. HAVENT SEEN ANY ONE WITH TOP CLASS

i had two of them and niether was worth a toss!!

loads of backyard breeders who only breed to replace there own dogs.. thats the way it should be... why you going to the big name.. to much shite being bred... deerhound cross going to be big would that suit the area you hunt...

As i stated you will have the useless ones...If you know what your looking for with him as he does have dogs I wouldnt keep... If you know where to look you will see there is plenty about doing there bit .

i had two of them and niether was worth a toss!!

What lines where they off?

Guest lurchermania96

i got a 12 and 3 week old deerhound x grayhound x saluki x grayhound he has been slow coming on but is starting to show a little bit now if i was you mate i would get a deerhound cross i like them i know they are thick to begin with and slow to come on but at the end of the day i recon you get a better dog its each to your own and ovusly you do get sh*t deerhounds thanks dan

Edited by lurchermania96

Simoson I want one to replce my old dog that was killed he was going after a rabbit when I was bushing he hit a gate post and i.ve always wanted a Deerhound x got all the time and patience thats why I put 100% in my dogs and I know they can some time to mature why I want one xmas time im in the middle of moving house and atric that a cracking lurcher you have and there are some p*ss takers on here LOL :laugh::thumbs:

Simoson I want one to replce my old dog that was killed he was going after a rabbit when I was bushing he hit a gate post and i.ve always wanted a Deerhound x got all the time and patiencethats why I put 100% in my dogs and I know they can some time to mature why I want one xmas time im in the middle of moving house and there are some p*ss takers on here LOL :laugh::thumbs:

simoson, thats a laxative aint it

Simoson I want one to replce my old dog that was killed he was going after a rabbit when I was bushing he hit a gate post and i.ve always wanted a Deerhound x got all the time and patiencethats why I put 100% in my dogs and I know they can some time to mature why I want one xmas time im in the middle of moving house and there are some p*ss takers on here LOL :laugh::thumbs:

simoson, thats a laxative aint it

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

a deerhound or a deerhound cross can sometimes take 2 years to mature and start to show interest in working ...... a good question to ask yourself is have you the time and patience to wait that long ????

Probably can take some deerhound crosses to mature up to two years, especially some males, but this certainly dosnt mean they dont start to work till that age, Ive had a couple of first crossers, a bitch and a dog, both were killing rabbits before a year old, the dog acted like a pup till he was 3, but Ive seen some saluki crosses that acted like pups all their lives but killed well, on the fens, grab the bitch by the scruff of the neck she would squeal the place down, but she ripped fox to bits. Every pure bred deerhound that Ive also owned killed before a year old, the best modern day coursing pure bred deerhound Coronach Pennies Chieftain was killing hares early, he won his first organised hare coursing event at 15 months, and won his second 32 dog stake a few month later..there are breeds of deerhounds within the umbrella of pure bred deerhounds that are noted for being smaller, stronger, faster and quicker maturers..using stock like this in lurcher breeding can shall we say, quicken things up for the impatient among us lurcher folk...David Platts has been producing deerhound crosses for a long time now, and I for one havent heard many negatives about his stuff, so he must be doing something right

good post romany you sound like a very level headed character :thumbs: