Dave Platts dogs

Im thinking of getting a Deerhound x around xmas time I was thinking of one of daves dogs so are dave platts dogs any good and dose he work them all he breeds for money all both im only asking cuz hes only 45mins from me and if any one got pic.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stubblebasher i dont lie that bitch caught plenty of hares dead of winter all given fair law in front of plenty of witnesses on big land and small land whether you believe that is up to you .but th

a deerhound or a deerhound cross can sometimes take 2 years to mature and start to show interest in working ...... a good question to ask yourself is have you the time and patience to wait that long ?

Probably can take some deerhound crosses to mature up to two years, especially some males, but this certainly dosnt mean they dont start to work till that age, Ive had a couple of first crossers, a bi

Im thinking of getting a Deerhound x around xmas time I was thinking of one of daves dogs so are dave platts dogs any good and dose he work them all he breeds for money all both im only asking cuz hes only 45mins from me and if any one got pic.

Remember "A dog is for hunting not just for Xmas" :thumbs:

LOL when I get a dog it stays xmas time is better for me :thumbs:

:nono: dogs are for christmas not huntin or life :crazy:

:nono: dogs are for christmas not huntin or life :crazy:

:blink: :blink:

Read your own signature, wwhy you getting a deerhound x? :laugh:

Never saw his line over here but if your after a good line in working deerhounds A.charles is your man. Iv had stuff off him and know plenty of dogs off his lines and they do the business day in day out but i suppose like all lines theres the useless ones aswell just dont hear of them as much.

Read your own signature, wwhy you getting a deerhound x? :laugh:

:toast:

a deerhound or a deerhound cross can sometimes take 2 years to mature and start to show interest in working ...... a good question to ask yourself is have you the time and patience to wait that long ????

• Like 1

a deerhound or a deerhound cross can sometimes take 2 years to mature and start to show interest in working ...... a good question to ask yourself is have you the time and patience to wait that long ????

agree with the above, no more to addthumbs.gifthumbs.gif

They can take a while to come into there own but any cross can .... You wont ever question the length of time or patience when you see a right one going...Imo there well worth waiting for.

They can take a while to come into there own but any cross can .... You wont ever question the length of time or patience when you see a right one going...Imo there well worth waiting for.

i was speaking from experience .... a good friend of mine owned a very handy deerhound x , he had the dog given to him as a jacker that was about to be shot . the thing was this ... the dog was no jacker just a little to young to pull fox (preban) but when he came to his own there was no faulting the dog both day time and night .... but like i say you need to be able and patient enough to wait :thumbs: