Hunter Catapult

I bought a hunter catapult (ergo 2) a few weeks back, used it just before I went on hol, then again when I came back and after less that 50 shots a piece of the wood has broken away above where the elastic is attached. It's still useable but it's a bit shit to spend £25 of a catapult to have it damaged so quickly. It wasn't abused or dropped or anything like that, it's come away with just normal use.

So, I've sent a couple of messages to fishfish on here and also sent him a message on ebay saying it's pretty poor quality and I think I should either be able to send it back for repair, get a replacement or get some money back. No response whatsoever.

I don't know if all hunter catapults are poor quality, or whether I just got a bad one, but what I'm saying is....when you buy one, just be aware that there will be absolutely no customer service after you've bought the catapult so it is a bit of a gamble. I certainly won't be buying another one, buying something second hand or home made is a bit of a risk anyway but this guy is running it as a business so really he should be providing some sort of service to his customers.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surely a catapult should be made to withstand a fork strike though??   I'll try his website. The main point I was making was that if you're selling via ebay as a business, you should be responding

Now I will put my penneth worth in. I purchased a buffalo catty some time back and the way it was made I was unable to fit the elastic properly. When I contacted FF and asked if he would swap it he sa

PMSL (oops! txt talk!) genuine typo there fellas. It's seems my 'w' key is a bit worn out.... it must be all those words which start with a 'w' I've wwritten (extra one there to make up for it) in cer

At first he seemed straight up and i found him so in my dealings. Pretty helpful bloke.

But these days you do here ALOT of issues and a total lack of resolution.

Whats changed?

• Like 1

think they a very poor quality ,get yourself a blackwidow or diblo from their sister company barnet ,very strong ,had mine for 2 years with no breakage or nothing well worth the money

yeah seen those ones from Barnet, they seemed a bit too cheap though so it put me off a bit, might give them a go though.

even a fork strike from the back can cause damage the front of the fork.

i know hes been setting up the new forum and also the british cattapult assosiation so hes busy, tey his website toget hold of him.

Surely a catapult should be made to withstand a fork strike though??

I'll try his website. The main point I was making was that if you're selling via ebay as a business, you should be responding to messages on ebay, I've given him a week to reply and had nothing....not good enough. If he hasn't got time due to other commitments he should stop selling them on ebay until he does have time to look after his customers.

• Like 2

hes a busy man also, give him time. :)

He is eating his pies.

Don't give them a reason to delete the thread by putting childish insults on. If the thread stays on it's decent info for people looking to buy a catapult (I wish I'd seen something like this before I bought mine).

Rob,

Yours has broken, speak to the guy to sort out. Don't go on dragging his name in the dirt until you have spoken to him.

I haven't heard anything bad about them, I have one myself.

If it doesn't turn out well then maybe moan.

Now I will put my penneth worth in. I purchased a buffalo catty some time back and the way it was made I was unable to fit the elastic properly. When I contacted FF and asked if he would swap it he said he wouldn't as it was now secondhand and was unsellable, even though it hadn't been used. Poor show FF that was for a pressy for my boy. I then contacted gamekeeperjohn of here via ebay and he made one exactly to my measurements and it was cheaper.

I think FF should be a bit thoughtful and remember that people don't forget, infact looking at FF's history he is a lazy fat feck who thinks of his gut and wants something for nowt, I maybe wrong but that is how I found him and he has done nothing to redeem himself. If he does I will take back my words and apologise, but I very much doubt.

Also note there is no contact number for FF, I sent him both of mine and he wouldn't phone me

• Like 2