ive got 1 working bitch , who ive owned or almost 5 years , and she is over 6 yrs old now , semi retired , and i have a 7 month old pup in which will take her place im hoping this coming winter . and the old bitch can show him the ropes and take her place out the kennel and up on the sofa and thats it . 2 is enough for me .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your not the one who has to feed them and look after them so why worry about what others have...............

cause there is now way you could work that many dogs imo,but each to there own

i got 3 at the mo. but got mates with loads what does it matter to anyone else how many dogs someone has as long as they look after and care for them properly.surely thats the main thing .

cant understand lads with 10 or 12 dogs i got 4 and working them is hard how do they hav the time

my dogs ar 2 terriers and 2 lurchers and dont think i need any more

i agree with ya bud havin a fue terriers is ok more than two lurchers is stupid i find 2 lurchers is fine always good to have back up dog incase 1 gets injured or 1 comes into season

i own one lurcher and a terrier and the girlfriend owns a lurcher

my lurcher will hopefully be used around holes next year mostly (if my terrier makes the grade) so will use the girlfriends for the nights out... i could get away with having just one lurcher but 2 is handy if one gets laid up

I used to have 7 lurchers and worked them all,i used them all for specific purposes,lamping,ferreting,coursing,terrier work and general mooching about,they were all bred to suit different hunting options,saluki types for coursing,beddy/whippets for ferreting etc.Now i just keep 2 and a few terriers,the lurchers have to have the ability to adapt to all my needs,its not the amount of dogs in the kennel thats important,its ensuring they get the work to justify their keep.

cant understand lads with 10 or 12 dogs i got 4 and working them is hard how do they hav the time

2 dogs worked to the max,and when they are injured,IM FECKED :wallbash:

im running to dogs mostly plus traing pup but like to have a bunny buster and a fur teeth dog in lurcher wisen terriers two which to be honest only used when lurchers out of action or weather is bad to lamp but depends on your hunting outings and nowt worse than dog fcked and good lamping night mate :victory::victory::victory:

im running to dogs mostly plus traing pup but like to have a bunny buster and a fur teeth dog in lurcher wisen terriers two which to be honest only used when lurchers out of action or weather is bad to lamp but depends on your hunting outings and nowt worse than dog fcked and good lamping night mate :victory::victory::victory:

:yes:;)

i got 3 at the mo. but got mates with loads what does it matter to anyone else how many dogs someone has as long as they look after and care for them properly.surely thats the main thing .

• Like 3

what has it got to do with you concern yourself with your own no one elses atb tictac

i only ferret these days and its only a hobby so during the season i only use 1 dog but she picked up a few tears last year and with bad weather and then she had a season it was frustrating at times and my lads big dog picked up a horrific injury at the back end. so i can see why lads have a few dogs but anymore than 2 and 1 would be getting left behind every other weekend under normal circumstances

Its tempting to have more then you need at times, worse when their is good pups about ect been offered, you have to restrain your self and look at what you have.

In my area, 2 is enough really, 3 the max.

I have 2 and even though its handy when 1 is injured, i find when they get left behind,its hard to keep them quiet, as they know whats happening and want to come!!

When you live in a built up area, this can lead to problems!

I have also found in the passed, with just having the 1 dog, it gets all the attention and work, so becomes in some cases, a better worker than if it was been worked with other dogs.