pre-ban deer

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

beddy x whippet

every single deer is far from the same saying all roe are fast is like saying all black people are as fast as usain bolt lol! Old or weak deer will obviously be alot slower than deer in prime conditio

who the feck wants to put pics up on deer and dogs its adistant memory for some and best left close to th eheart who wants to educate the unwashed or police sspca rspca etc youse are twats

Posted Images

There is no way a dog single handed could take down a fully grown Red Stag. I see them everyday in life and no f*****g way could it. Aye, it might be able to get a grip and hold on but anything more, naaaa, never buying it. :thumbdown:

Well, they have mate. :thumbs:

You seen them with your own eyes mate? Actually pull a red stag down and look like it could dispatch it on it's own accord? We are talking about lurchers here, dogs capable of catching other game like rabbit, hare, the odd fox?

What do you mean "the odd fox"? Can i ask you Baw, what type of lurchers you seen working?

In my lifetime? :blink: I've seen whippet crosses, collie greys, bull crosses, saluki, beddys, seen an alsation cross once, it was shit hence saw it once.... at the moment mostly Deerhound crosses and collie crosses. I have a deerhound cross, stands just under 29tts, I'd refer to him as a game dog. I'm not going to even remotely talk about incidents regarding subject but let me just say, up here it is enevitable you bump into stuff and on a few occasions he has been on "terms" and I'm just thankful he hasn't been injured. Now, as I stated, I can't for the life of me see a dog single handed taking down a fully grown red stag, not the kind we have around here. You'd need to be very lucky that it brought it down near your feet so you could dispatch but with the terrain I see them, you'd need a bottle of oxygen to get to the bloody dog. I've read books about such animals taking down deer, I have also read books about fairies at the bottom of the garden. Like I said, have you actually seen a dog with your own eyes take out one of these animals?

Ok fair point. Maybe they are lieing... Where is it you live, i take it its in the highlands mate.. :thumbs:

LOL RFYL, I hate that word lieing... I ain't calling anyone a lier. OK, maybe you are going to get the odd one taken down by dog, I'll sway that much just so it doesn't sound like I'm calling anyone a lier. :thumbs: I live in Moray mate.

them scottish reds only babies aswell lol

lets get back to the subject of deer.

Whats the best to eat ? little Munties or Fallow ? who has cooked em all up in the past..pre-ban obviously ?

i know one or 2 lads who fed their families during the 80's miner's strikes on what they caught with the dogs. be it rabbit or anything else,and any type of venison was like xmas in them days.

Then my next question is...which is best ? shot/farmed or coursed and killed ? that's a question...and a few different opinions on this i'm sure.

Whats the best to eat ? little Munties or Fallow ? who has cooked em all up in the past..pre-ban obviously ?

i know one or 2 lads who fed their families during the 80's miner's strikes on what they caught with the dogs. be it rabbit or anything else,and any type of venison was like xmas in them days.

Then my next question is...which is best ? shot/farmed or coursed and killed ? that's a question...and a few different opinions on this i'm sure.

yer same here was sick of rabbit by the end of the strike!

Muntjacs best venison i have tasted and a chap who was a bit of an ameture cheif said venison took with dogs that he used to buy off lads was far better than farmed or shop bought stuff he had tasted.

Muntjacs best venison i have tasted and a chap who was a bit of an ameture cheif said venison took with dogs that he used to buy off lads was far better than farmed or shop bought stuff he had tasted.

that's something i have also been told a few times... it must be something to do with the adrenalin.

I would'nt know the difference to be honest..but then again i've never bought any from a shop.

Had a fresh young full grown munty buck the other day cause it was small deer didnt bleed it and eat it the next day.

:no: never been so ill that night. my brother and mother was the same.

muntys going to dogs next time fallow for the table!

Gralloch ANY deer, especialy small deer that have been run, IMMEDIATLY !! Even an hour left with the guts in can turn the meat.

Cheers.

• Like 1