pre-ban deer

There is no way a dog single handed could take down a fully grown Red Stag. I see them everyday in life and no f*****g way could it. Aye, it might be able to get a grip and hold on but anything more, naaaa, never buying it. :thumbdown:

Well, they have mate. :thumbs:

You seen them with your own eyes mate? Actually pull a red stag down and look like it could dispatch it on it's own accord? We are talking about lurchers here, dogs capable of catching other game like rabbit, hare, the odd fox?

What do you mean "the odd fox"? Can i ask you Baw, what type of lurchers you seen working?

In my lifetime? :blink: I've seen whippet crosses, collie greys, bull crosses, saluki, beddys, seen an alsation cross once, it was shit hence saw it once.... at the moment mostly Deerhound crosses and collie crosses. I have a deerhound cross, stands just under 29tts, I'd refer to him as a game dog. I'm not going to even remotely talk about incidents regarding subject but let me just say, up here it is enevitable you bump into stuff and on a few occasions he has been on "terms" and I'm just thankful he hasn't been injured. Now, as I stated, I can't for the life of me see a dog single handed taking down a fully grown red stag, not the kind we have around here. You'd need to be very lucky that it brought it down near your feet so you could dispatch but with the terrain I see them, you'd need a bottle of oxygen to get to the bloody dog. I've read books about such animals taking down deer, I have also read books about fairies at the bottom of the garden. Like I said, have you actually seen a dog with your own eyes take out one of these animals?

Ok fair point. Maybe they are lieing... Where is it you live, i take it its in the highlands mate.. :thumbs:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

beddy x whippet

every single deer is far from the same saying all roe are fast is like saying all black people are as fast as usain bolt lol! Old or weak deer will obviously be alot slower than deer in prime conditio

who the feck wants to put pics up on deer and dogs its adistant memory for some and best left close to th eheart who wants to educate the unwashed or police sspca rspca etc youse are twats

Posted Images

There is no way a dog single handed could take down a fully grown Red Stag. I see them everyday in life and no f*****g way could it. Aye, it might be able to get a grip and hold on but anything more, naaaa, never buying it. :thumbdown:

You seen them with your own eyes mate? Actually pull a red stag down and look like it could dispatch it on it's own accord? We are talking about lurchers here, dogs capable of catching other game like rabbit, hare, the odd fox?

What do you mean "the odd fox"? Can i ask you Baw, what type of lurchers you seen working?

In my lifetime? :blink: I've seen whippet crosses, collie greys, bull crosses, saluki, beddys, seen an alsation cross once, it was shit hence saw it once.... at the moment mostly Deerhound crosses and collie crosses. I have a deerhound cross, stands just under 29tts, I'd refer to him as a game dog. I'm not going to even remotely talk about incidents regarding subject but let me just say, up here it is enevitable you bump into stuff and on a few occasions he has been on "terms" and I'm just thankful he hasn't been injured. Now, as I stated, I can't for the life of me see a dog single handed taking down a fully grown red stag, not the kind we have around here. You'd need to be very lucky that it brought it down near your feet so you could dispatch but with the terrain I see them, you'd need a bottle of oxygen to get to the bloody dog. I've read books about such animals taking down deer, I have also read books about fairies at the bottom of the garden. Like I said, have you actually seen a dog with your own eyes take out one of these animals?

Ok fair point. Maybe they are lieing... Where is it you live, i take it its in the highlands mate.. :thumbs:

LOL RFYL, I hate that word lieing... I ain't calling anyone a lier. OK, maybe you are going to get the odd one taken down by dog, I'll sway that much just so it doesn't sound like I'm calling anyone a lier. :thumbs: I live in Moray mate.

LOL RFYL, I hate that word lieing... I ain't calling anyone a lier. OK, maybe you are going to get the odd one taken down by dog, I'll sway that much just so it doesn't sound like I'm calling anyone a lier. :thumbs: I live in Moray mate.

lol, whats the weather like now, you got some snow still?

lol, whats the weather like now, you got some snow still?

Weather is overcast. There is a bit of snow on the high ground but nothing like it was.

runforyourlife have you ran all six in numbers and took mature bucks/stags in all the species? before the ban obviously. What ever the subject is on this running dog forum you always seem to feel qualified to answer and in most cases have very strong views.

Forums are for opinions mate. And no and no. never said i have. Read my posts on this thread, and i have stood corrected everytime. Its a good thread mate, with no arguing, till someone says something like this. I am learning mate of more qualified that myself, so pls go away, and dont try for bother, not interested.. :thumbs:

Said it before, and i'll say it again. i comment on things i feel i can, or know a bit about, or have practiced in the topic.. Ie, dogs, fishing, ferreting. i dont go on the hounds, guns, birds, poultry, etc...maybe we shouldnt know anything. Why do you think half the guys who have done what you asked, dont speak, because they get that type of attitude, and arent allowed to have knowledge or no about the topic...

another unfounded statement from rfyl. you listen to too many stories. this site is about people's first hand experiences, if you don't know, read and learn. it'l stop you sounding like a div. :yes:

• Like 1

Forums are for opinions mate. And no and no. never said i have. Read my posts on this thread, and i have stood corrected everytime. Its a good thread mate, with no arguing, till someone says something like this. I am learning mate of more qualified that myself, so pls go away, and dont try for bother, not interested.. :thumbs:

Said it before, and i'll say it again. i comment on things i feel i can, or know a bit about, or have practiced in the topic.. Ie, dogs, fishing, ferreting. i dont go on the hounds, guns, birds, poultry, etc...maybe we shouldnt know anything. Why do you think half the guys who have done what you asked, dont speak, because they get that type of attitude, and arent allowed to have knowledge or no about the topic...

Why be so touchy? its just my opinion and as you corectly say "forums are for opinions mate" :notworthy:

another unfounded statement from rfyl. you listen to too many stories. this site is about people's first hand experiences, if you don't know, read and learn. it'l stop you sounding like a div. :yes:

ok, maybe your right but i know there are guys looking at this knowing that they have done it mate. And as for stories, i donrt listen to any mate, lol. So the site is about 1st hand experiences, jesus, there would be no posts on here mate, as most dont even hunt. And the lads that do, dont post for fear of being ripped by the 2hours a week lads. Anyway, your right mate, i'm wrong. :thumbs:

Why be so touchy? its just my opinion and as you corectly say "forums are for opinions mate" :notworthy:

Not touchy at all mate. :thumbs: I'll leave the thread now, even tho it was one of the best debates on here for a while. for some reason an argument was wanted, and i dont want their to be. You carry on with your opinions and experiences.. Atb mate, Russ.