pre-ban deer

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

beddy x whippet

every single deer is far from the same saying all roe are fast is like saying all black people are as fast as usain bolt lol! Old or weak deer will obviously be alot slower than deer in prime conditio

who the feck wants to put pics up on deer and dogs its adistant memory for some and best left close to th eheart who wants to educate the unwashed or police sspca rspca etc youse are twats

Posted Images

Its not to do with hanging or bleeding, the thought behind it is that the adrenalin makes the meat go soft and wobbly like jelly, not sure of the technical term. That's why they try and keep stock calm at an abbatoir. However, from past experience I would say that this is bull as nothings going to have more adrenalin coursing through it than a deer with a lurcher up its arse.

When the Asian/eastern folk eat dog /monkey etc etc they usually beat it and torture it before they kill it to get the adrenalin pumping. I have been told it tastes better when its been pumped 1st but then bled properly.

I wonder if anyone could tell the difference between a shot dear..and farmed butchered dear..and a coursed and killed with dogs specimen. if they were all put on a plate in front of one of those super chefs.

What a great subject by the way.

Fallow are one of the slower species.

Who told you that? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My own eyes... :thumbs:

fallow arent one of slower species take it from me mate,,,,sika yes

yes sika are but fallow are slower than say, roe, CWD, and maybe munti, would you not say?

talking preban here....sika are slowest, never run cwd (but heard they more wind than roe) but i would say fallow faster than roe....but i wouldnt say they much between them,then you have small fields big fields ,would a roe be faster in small field and would fallow be faster in big ?i dont know never really looked at it if im honest ,allways thought roe slower because dogs caught them easier .

Not seen sika or red run, but fallow are by far the fastest top end in their highest gear. Roe are mediocre but seemed to run ezceptionally well in the daytime sometimes. As for cwd and muntjac, back in the day I found them to be pretty useless against an experienced dog.

Hi All who asked,

http://www.deerstalker.com/park_trophies.htm

that is the link to the guys offering trophy Pere David, and Barisingha in Kent. I didn't make it clear but Yes they are Parkland deer.

It is just an odd species I had never heard of before until i stumbled across the website. They are a tropical deer, so I am not sure how well they would do naturalising in the uk, so i think they will always be parkland.

Too rich for my wallet, but i suppose it would be an unusual trophy.

Oh yeah, please JDarcy put me down for a copy of the Deer / dog book! ;-)

Atb,

G

Not seen sika or red run, but fallow are by far the fastest top end in their highest gear. Roe are mediocre but seemed to run ezceptionally well in the daytime sometimes. As for cwd and muntjac, back in the day I found them to be pretty useless against an experienced dog.

Ahhh right, i have never ran deer in the dark. And yes i would agree that CWD and Munties cant hack a good dog, but that is purely down to size.As for speed them CWD are rapid.. I have seen Fallow on big open meadows and on moorland. And i must say in my opinion on the latter, they looked quite slow.. I wish the Roe around me were as slow as some of you are making out. Maybe different terrain makes a big difference. Myself, i9 would saY that the roe in full flight on familiar ground is one of the fastest.IMO. :thumbs:

• Like 1