Who misses the Waterloo cup ?why?

Cashels Evening :thumbs: it beat the dog(Paddys Toy) that ran up to Why You Monty in the 1st round :thumbs: so beat both Waterloo Cup finalists from 2004

Y.I.S Leeview

Thats the 1 mate :thumbs: it caught the hare on its first run after about 7or 8 turns i think crackin dog.. me and 1 of the other lads i was there with put money on it beatin why u monty its second run and there was a few lookin at us like we were mad.. as soon as w.u.m got the 1st turn in and didnt catch the hare i new the money was mine :thumbs:

I had a chat with the lady who owned it, she reckoned it was only 45lb, (although Greyhound Date says 50lb), and it was only about 24", a cracking little bitch;

Would have a pup off her in my kennels any day.. never seen a greyhoud stay like it:thumbs:

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=hhCRqB&d=cashels+evening&sex=&color=&birthyear=&birthland=

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to do the 3 days , the call over on the Monday night , over the road to the disco under the Scarisbrick , great to see Sir Mark Presscott pissed on the dance floor always had women hanging off

Mate I m nearly cryin here,just the sound over the tannoy made me hair stand up haha I f****n loved it,does anyone remember two hippy brothers on the bank rotten on the whisky one ran on pretending to

thats what they do in ireland prob cos you would not find anuf hares in one day two run the comp but at atlcar all hares are wild and beated with lots of men walkin in lines for miles drivein them two

This brings back loads of memorys...I worked as a picker upper at altcar for the last ten yrs before the ban,used to skip school,college then work to go to waterloo and all the private monthly private meets from sept-dec.Paid for front seat views of some of the best greyhound coursing in the country them were the days!! Didnt realise how lucky i was till you look back.

Those hounds had been conditioned and finely tuned since the previous September with the Waterloo Cup in Mind.

The Quarry was given 80-100 yards law unlike some so called lurcher Coursing lads would ever dare allow.

The History, tradition, GENUINE love of Coursing was evident.

The Craic on the Field.

The Craic and sing songs in the Scarisbrick between folks from all walks of life.

Their was No class structure evident, for sure different accents and forms of dress, from tweeds, plus fours to addidas track suits.

Privately Educated to Secondry Modern to iliterate.

But here at the Waterloo Cup it didnt matter.

One year sat round a table in the Scarisbrick were 3 men from the East Durham Ex Mining Village, a Young Army Officer from a Privalaged Background, 2 Working Class Dundee Lads, and 2 Glaswegian Scallys one with a Scar from ear to Chin from a Razor Blade wound and the craic was Great,

What brought this mixture of backgrounds together.

COURSING and The Waterloo Cup.

It was my favourate 3-4 days of the year, depending if i made the call over.

Life Time freindships were made on the Withins and Lydiate.

May one day they return.

Long live Lepus,

The Ultimate test for any Dog.

I CANT STOP READING THIS THREAD MEMORIES ARE FLOODING BACK AND SITTING HERE PISHING AND GIGGLING TO MYSELF .LIKE A NUMPTY .BEST THREAD SINCE I STARTED ON THE HL.REAL DOGGY MEN .MINTED.

IM JUST GUTTED MY BOY GER CANT EXPERIENCE IT HES 12 AND LIVES CHASING HARES.ATB .GUTTED.

The rangerover haha brand new on it's roof in a ditch the copper going nuts coz we taking pics haha. :thumbs:

Any photies :laugh: :laugh:

WaterlooCup056Small.jpg

The correct attire to wear for a days coursing, as modelled by a THL member.

Waterloo6.jpg

Did anyone go to the last callover, and remember that very annoying alarm that went off right through the speech? :doh: Well it was Cupid that set it off.... when he accidentally leaned against the fire door :icon_redface::D

The last Waterloo was the very first one I ever went to, and I wish I had gone to more. Had a brilliant time, its a shame the kids of today don't have the opportunity to experience it.

not the best of photos, I didnt have a fancy camera at the time

PICT0158.jpg

PICT0157.jpg

PICT0132.jpg

PICT0115.jpg

PICT0152.jpg

were do you start on this one.....it nearly always fell on my bday,,so used to scive school ans then work to attend,,,,we used to sneak a couple of lads in the boot(usually me)then rip the card in half to get through to the bank....remember a dog called folly walk,,christ that could kill hares,,,the best days of my life have been spent sat on them coursing fields in all weathers!!!(been to 3 european cup finals and they dont equal the feeling of that first slip on the first day)

A GREAT LOSS!!!!!!

keep up the thread folks

Those hounds had been conditioned and finely tuned since the previous September with the Waterloo Cup in Mind.

The Quarry was given 80-100 yards law unlike some so called lurcher Coursing lads would ever dare allow.

The History, tradition, GENUINE love of Coursing was evident.

The Craic on the Field.

The Craic and sing songs in the Scarisbrick between folks from all walks of life.

Their was No class structure evident, for sure different accents and forms of dress, from tweeds, plus fours to addidas track suits.

Privately Educated to Secondry Modern to iliterate.

But here at the Waterloo Cup it didnt matter.

One year sat round a table in the Scarisbrick were 3 men from the East Durham Ex Mining Village, a Young Army Officer from a Privalaged Background, 2 Working Class Dundee Lads, and 2 Glaswegian Scallys one with a Scar from ear to Chin from a Razor Blade wound and the craic was Great,

What brought this mixture of backgrounds together.

COURSING and The Waterloo Cup.

It was my favourate 3-4 days of the year, depending if i made the call over.

Life Time freindships were made on the Withins and Lydiate.

May one day they return.

Long live Lepus,

The Ultimate test for any Dog.

I CANT STOP READING THIS THREAD MEMORIES ARE FLOODING BACK AND SITTING HERE PISHING AND GIGGLING TO MYSELF .LIKE A NUMPTY .BEST THREAD SINCE I STARTED ON THE HL.REAL DOGGY MEN .MINTED.

IM JUST GUTTED MY BOY GER CANT EXPERIENCE IT HES 12 AND LIVES CHASING HARES.ATB .GUTTED.

Im the same mate dont think ive ever got up in the morning and switched thl on..

this thread has brought some top memories back, I would of loved to of taken my son

as well mate he's only six but loves a bit of coursing..can u see it ever coming back??

ive got to be honest i think its a slim chance at best :thumbdown:

ha ha just rememberd another!! i think it was about 02 maybe 03.. some anti comes running over the feild towards the bank shouting the usual bollocks..my mate goes running down the back to give him a slap and the dozy nob looses his trainer in the ditch ha.. so some

other guy steps up to the mark clears the ditch goes running towards him SMACK! the anti

puts him staight on his arse in front of the whole bank what a pisser.. can only imagine the shit his mates gave him for that lol