whats your biggest bag in one night

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no mate but it was a deeo chested blue dog 25tts some dog on big game aswell fair play to minshaw

i cant see anydog do 14hares in one night if i could witness that with my own to eyes hes £100.00 richer, and the answer was no hence walter mitty or maybe his first cousin

It really depends on where you live doesn't it. Big numbers are nice, but sometimes there just aren't enough rabbits, hare, fox etc. Which night is better, a night where you run 60 rabbits and take 30

Posted Images

good chalk there runem, :thumbs: seen that pic befor or perhaps the van in a difrent pic, was that up caithness runem??

same pic its just worn out now, only ever took one picture of the bitches catch(unlike some)yes it was caithness,went up there a week hear and a week there.god only knows how many that bitch caught in a good week up there the following two nights she caught over forty on each..we completely filled the bath where we stayed with skinned rabbits to feed the dogs,and gave the rest to a butcher on a daily basis,however we did,nt know we had a cleaning lady once a week who called when we where out..we never saw her again when we stayed.

terriersoflongago038-1.jpg

shame he's a nice looking dog what breeding was he atb

he was collie/houndXsaluki/hound,a chap from nottingham bred him.I think Fathom was his grandmother.The breeder was a bloke called robert burton if anyone knew him.The best dog I ever kept,Back then i travelled by coach/ferry and it was a 3 day excursion all to get a pup I fancied.I went to hancocks kennells but was not impressed with what I saw.Looking back I was only 20 yers old then,some journey for a feckin dog,lol.

most of you have seen these pics over the last few seasons

100 rabbits this night , both dogs catching exactly 50 each

DSCF1231.jpg

DSCF1210.jpg

Tara did this score at 16 month old, 45 rabbits

DSCF0015ml2-1.jpg

80 rabbits in this pic with rew and his dog of this site, both dogs 40 each

dalesrabbits2-1.jpg

over the last 20 odd years me and some of my hunting partners have had plenty big bags,getting 50-60-70's its all about having very fit dogs, getting on land with plenty of rabbits and a big disire by the hunter himself, cos it can be fecking tiring i can tell ya.

the lad in the top pic ginny spiner off here could have pushed that dog to real big numbers i have no dowt it would have gone up to the 70 - 80 mark or beyond , however we will never now, as the dog is sadly gone. but theres replacements , so lets see what the season holds. :thumbs:

• Like 1

went out with victor minshaw many years ago and seen his dog called blue catch 80+ single handed :thumbs:

i have heard of that dog ,thats some going for one dog, sound like a legend got any pics ?

no mate but it was a deeo chested blue dog 25tts some dog on big game aswell fair play to minshaw

• Like 2

went out with victor minshaw many years ago and seen his dog called blue catch 80+ single handed :thumbs:

you got much info on victor minshaw ???? isn't he the one who fiddled with kids ????

news to me mate new him when he lived in cumbria 20 years ago over your way now can find out exactly where no someone who kept in contact with him :thumbs: