THE MEN FROM THE U.S OF A

Guest DogFaceKillah

Guest DogFaceKillah

that little bull terrier looks like a cracker, belter pics them kye, i would love a trip out there i would sleep all da an graft hounds all night, what is the population of coons an the chances of getting on them when out?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From horse back the true way of hunting a Stag.[Old Pic} Young pup All grown up Old pic Not as tough as he started RIP Off Game lol General Custer just before he got stretched Hun

we don't hit the coyotes like Dan, Doc, Caps etc do, coon are our specialty although they'll run anything       the new and the experienced     Bull/Stag Loca learning the ropes from her

more

Posted Images

glad you are enjoying the pics guys, I've had some time to go through pics and we still have more to sort so there will be more later I'm sure. The coon population in our area (as I'm sure everywhere else) is cyclical, 4 and 3 years ago there would be 3-5 per sette (even had I think 3 on a summer day one time while out with FR) and running all over the roads, and the farmers were screaming so Kye hit them hard with ratkilla and FR mostly. 2 years ago a bad spell of distemper hit one big area and we struggled there to find anything alive. Last year was better but the population was still down, Kye and Ben were out a lot and even with the population drop the dogs bagged a lot of game. This year so far we have seen a lot around and have been leaving it be for the seasons start. But they really can live just about anywhere, eat anything and are real survivors, hard to appreciate a good dog on them until you see the damage they can do to an uncommited, green or lazy dog. Kye's dog Blister is the best one I've seen, he just has the knack for them, give him about 20 seconds and thats that. My old bitch Slag (the smooth brindle staghound in a lot of the pics) did well on them for a couple of seasons but broke her canines off and was having a hell of a time on them, we finally had to retire her from them because she was just getting too beat up. They don't really have a neck, their 4 feet have strong, rotating fingers with claws, sharp teeth and like I said you have to experience them to understand them. Bulldog Anubis is good too, he belongs to our friend Ben who is just starting with the running dogs now, he has Feathers brother Apollo from Tomkat.

ps Dan Edwards is still gay

hi....all... good thread this being on this side of the pond and not haveing a clue how you guys hunt am wondering would a borzoi which is bred for wolves be used and i dont no if anyone in the states use them and a dog that has been bred over here could be possibly used its called an alaunt.......cheers