daytime dogs

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"What's easier for a dog; Hare or Roe" ? Bit of a daft question in my oppinion. I've seen hares taken out of their seat by dogs that couldn't catch a hare given fair law...also seen roe bounce of fenc

You want to get a better dog then................................. If the dog isn't actively trying to kill it he ain't gonna be HOLDING for very long. I have seen dogs kill all species of deer up to

hare,iv had dogs that would not stand a chance on a good hare,but deer were readily taken,jmo

Guest joe ox

A good strong roe that knows its ground and knows what a lurchers is will test a dog just as much as a hare and thats a fact

Well said MOO

People seem only to remember the strong hares and forget the mugs what are killed easy then only remember the easy deer what they haved mugged what did not test the dog or havnt ran enough deer to form an opinion worth reading!

Edited by joe ox

ran thousands of each when it was legal and both gave me good sport as i had the oppurtunity ,and had good dogs to do it ,hares and deer on the [bANNED TEXT] type of land can both be testing especaily if they no what a dog is ,

The ground i hunt on has alot of woodland, fences and bushes and before the ban came into place the dogs could catch a roe daytime easily, because the deer seemed to panic, not all but most were caught when running into fences or heading for woodland, some roe could bloody jump well though!! My dogs could never have caught a hare daytime though, BUT if a hare an roe were on the same big open fields i would say a roe would be harder.

How could taking deer with dogs been cruel?? Nine times out of ten the dogs pulled down by a leg and get a good throat hold, how is that different to a dog grabbing a rabbit with it's mouth at 30mph and giving it a couple of crunches to stop it moving so much??

moles.. the hardest to catch for a dog is a mole FACT bet your dags aint cought many of them..

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

hare,iv had dogs that would not stand a chance on a good hare,but deer were readily taken,jmo :thumbs:

thats suprized me as i thought if a dog was able to take a deer in the day he would have been able to take a hare. in your opinion/experience what do you think the hare as that the deer doesnt to make him harder to catch.

hare,iv had dogs that would not stand a chance on a good hare,but deer were readily taken,jmo :thumbs:

thats suprized me as i thought if a dog was able to take a deer in the day he would have been able to take a hare. in your opinion/experience what do you think the hare as that the deer doesnt to make him harder to catch.

what does this mean then boots ?

Edited by watchman

I've seen dogs straightlined by hare and roe, daytime.... also seen the same dogs take hare and roe fairly easily at other times. There are a lot of variables with running certain quarry; such as time of year, type of land, and even weather conditions, One thing I will say, anyone who says daytime roe are easy, let me know where you are running them, 'cause the buggers aint easy up here !! LOL !!

Cheers.

• Like 1

how can some of you lot compare a roe and an hare in the same catergory, :censored:

roe are so much harder to catch there as fast if not faster clear fences with ease and most runing dogs which can get there have to use there brain to stop em.