Carl Williams

3 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

? So, if anyone puts up a picture of a young dog, from back in the day,..do they have to include an image of the quarry that was legal to pursue, at the time... Can't we just post an image ....?

Forgive the young Philip they know not what they do 

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a

Got to laugh...pulling up threads from 10 yrs back ...in the hope some mug blows some smoke up his arse? If he was the real deal...then he wouldn't of had a 10 yr break... dogs are a way of life

Problem with the lurcher game is that whilst it is full of passion and thrills,..it can also bring Heartache and sadness.. I'm sure we have all,..been there...? I've been around hunting dogs

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

? So, if anyone puts up a picture of a young dog, from back in the day,..do they have to include an image of the quarry that was legal to pursue, at the time... Can't we just post an image ....?

i was more having a giggle with poxon mate 

but lol a dog bred for teeth might look handy mate if there was 3 reds in picture lol other than that its a lurcher in good order lol?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Forgive the young Philip they know not what they do 

?

i know what i do mate ?and know when a dog or breed is getting romantised lol been alot a that going on on this carl williams thread ??

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i know what i do mate ?and know when a dog or breed is getting romantised lol been alot a that going on on this carl williams thread ??

Dunt spoil this 4 me bruh I need a bowline longdog and no mistake 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Again they were maybe misinformed he was very small for f1 beddy/grey I’d have thort at 21 my own bitch would be about the limit or maybe he was neither just beddy in the mix somewhere fred

The original Alfred was a Beddy whippet called Tramp, I wanted one at the time?. The two after had greyhound in them 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

The original Alfred was a Beddy whippet called Tramp, I wanted one at the time?. The two after had greyhound in them 

Alfred were a good ferreting dog and decent ont lamp fur and feather, but no hare dog according 2 cd

29 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

There ya go..?

File0222.jpg

Nice enough dog that Phil how did you find the beddy cross ? was it used as a Warreners type or was a bits an bats type of dog for a bit of every occasion?

I've had several Bedlington lurchers over the years,..good honest animals,..no complaints. 

One or two examples seemed to take to the rougher end of our game, and acted accordingly,..but for myself, I've only ever used them to help out with ferrets, or work under the spotlight.  My favourite hybrids came via the Rillington Bedlington Terrier influence. I found that George's dogs, due to their crossbreeding with Border and Lakeland terriers, often sported a thicker, crisper jacket,..not all of course, but some of them. I preferd this type of coat on the Bedlington lurcher, although one of the hardest feckers I ever saw, had a reet linty pelt, so who can say, eh? Nice dogs though?

• Like 7
2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

I've had several Bedlington lurchers over the years,..good honest animals,..no complaints. 

One or two examples seemed to take to the rougher end of our game, and acted accordingly,..but for myself, I've only ever used them to help out with ferrets, or work under the spotlight.  My favourite hybrids came via the Rillington Bedlington Terrier influence. I found that George's dogs, due to their crossbreeding with Border and Lakeland terriers, often sported a thicker, crisper jacket,..not all of course, but some of them. I preferd this type of coat on the Bedlington lurcher, although one of the hardest feckers I ever saw, had a reet linty pelt, so who can say, eh? Nice dogs though?

Most lurcher lads used groves blue