lamping hares

'the hare dont know where to go its unsporting.'

Mate seriously think about what you are saying, i though this forum was about us sticking together, so snareing, digging, ferreting and shooting are all unsporting, but it gets the job done, if we start bitching amongst each other then we may as well give up now!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stabba.daytime hare's are special in most decent dog lads eye's,I am not a member of the saluki brigade but can recognise that it takes a good dog to catch a full grown winter hare,you will wipe them

I dont Think Many of You who were NOT devouted pre ban hare coursers are ever going to understand, why we were so passionate about it, what we once had can never be gotten back, unless we get FULL

Just got back into hunting the past year and a half after being out off the game for a well.Back then l hunted hares during the day but never had any good really hares dogs about me and was really jus

I dont Think Many of You who were NOT devouted pre ban hare coursers are ever going to understand, why we were so passionate about it, what we once had can never be gotten back, unless we get FULL coursing back in a new Parliment< i wont hold my breath> and all that went with that

• Like 2

dont mind lamping a few hares feck all wrong with it the die hard day timers will say no but thats what there into but i dont mind lamping them yes they do run better in the day but so dose every thing else.

never lamped a hare and never will , there for daytime coursing september to march

young in them in feb matethumbs.gif good daytime runningicon_redface.gif

i thought u had photos up this week of hares your dogs retrieved

• Like 1

Lamping Hares will always be a sore point to the saluki brigade... Hares are Hares and as such should to be taken by any method available(dog wise) if they are becoming a nuisance...rabbits are lamped..fact.. foxes are lamped..fact... even deer used to get lamped..fact... what makes the Hare anymore special.. absoloutley frig all imo...ultimate athlete this.. majestic that...what makes the Hare so special that he shouldnt be lamped.just because you saluki gambling men say so.. fcuk that... atb stabba

stabba.daytime hare's are special in most decent dog lads eye's,I am not a member of the saluki brigade but can recognise that it takes a good dog to catch a full grown winter hare,you will wipe them out easilly in large area's of the country if your lamping them regular,it can't be compared to any of the other quarry you list as it has no hole to escape in,it relies on pure speed and agility and local land knowledge to get away,don't use the excuse they need controlling as a pest by you and your obvious hero worshipping fans that couldn't wait to back you up online,the downfall of all our countrysports will only be hastened by the likes of yourselves that has no obvious care or respect for the quarry you hunt,yis,wirralman

Arse and talkin out of springs to mind.Just because i dont bow down to your holier than thou attitudes ive no care or respect. Get a grip man and learn to realise that we are not all the same and have different attitudes towards what we percieve is morally right or wrong.You like to harrass hares in the day.. if i so chose i,ll harass them at night. Heres a question for you then... Which is better for the hare.. An 8 minute course daytime and a kill... or a 30second course on the lamp and a kill...imo its 7minutes and 30 seconds more stress for the hare... just summat for you to ponder on ... atb stabba

Lamping Hares will always be a sore point to the saluki brigade... Hares are Hares and as such should to be taken by any method available(dog wise) if they are becoming a nuisance...rabbits are lamped..fact.. foxes are lamped..fact... even deer used to get lamped..fact... what makes the Hare anymore special.. absoloutley frig all imo...ultimate athlete this.. majestic that...what makes the Hare so special that he shouldnt be lamped.just because you saluki gambling men say so.. fcuk that... atb stabba

stabba.daytime hare's are special in most decent dog lads eye's,I am not a member of the saluki brigade but can recognise that it takes a good dog to catch a full grown winter hare,you will wipe them out easilly in large area's of the country if your lamping them regular,it can't be compared to any of the other quarry you list as it has no hole to escape in,it relies on pure speed and agility and local land knowledge to get away,don't use the excuse they need controlling as a pest by you and your obvious hero worshipping fans that couldn't wait to back you up online,the downfall of all our countrysports will only be hastened by the likes of yourselves that has no obvious care or respect for the quarry you hunt,yis,wirralman

Arse and talkin out of springs to mind.Just because i dont bow down to your holier than thou attitudes ive no care or respect. Get a grip man and learn to realise that we are not all the same and have different attitudes towards what we percieve is morally right or wrong.You like to harrass hares in the day.. if i so chose i,ll harass them at night. Heres a question for you then... Which is better for the hare.. An 8 minute course daytime and a kill... or a 30second course on the lamp and a kill...imo its 7minutes and 30 seconds more stress for the hare... just summat for you to ponder on ... atb stabba

:clapper::clapper::notworthy:

8 minutes? there wont be that many courses that last that long 4 or 5 mins would be a long run to most people mate and as for the stress what about the hares that pipe or make it to cover do they just keel over and die? no mate they live to run another day and their wits will be sharper next time ask anyone whos run places where the hares have been run a lot and know what to do with a dog on their ass. lamping them is nothing to do with minimising stress if it was we would all shoot them with a rifle instead there cant be much stress in being eating a bit of grass one minute and a bullet through the skull the next.

My point is this... Lamping hares will always be a sore point to a certain few... I dont and never have judged daytime men.. But when they want to try and belittle me for my views i will defend myself.. and if i choose to lamp hares then i most definatley will... simples.. atb stabba

hares are alot harder in the daytime ,but at night time they will still give your dog a good test ,some you will catch quick and some will take the piss out your dog ,and to all thoose who say they are easy for there dogs i would like to take them out and give there dogs say 5 runs or how many runs they think there dogs can take ,big or small fields

dont mind lamping a few hares feck all wrong with it the die hard day timers will say no but thats what there into but i dont mind lamping them yes they do run better in the day but so dose every thing else.

never lamped a hare and never will , there for daytime coursing september to march

young in them in feb matethumbs.gif good daytime runningicon_redface.gif

i thought u had photos up this week of hares your dogs retrieved

yes retrieved but were shot and the result was there to be seen so no more no.gifno.gifno.gif and not to sure it was this week mate but will check sorry if i am wrong

Respect thats what most off you that hunt the hare during the day are saying.

Just like to ask one question to you so called hare men how many off you that catch hares during the day bring them home to eat either for you or the dog????

Because l know most people on the north off lreland that hunt hare during the day dont bring them home incase they get stopped by the police and get fined and the dogs and cars taken off them and when the hare is killed just throwing it into a ditch FACT!.So if your talking about an animal that deserves respect how can you call that respect!!!!

And another thing there is a topic up now (natrual born hare killers 1)people saying great dogs, great runs, will watch part 3 off it and then we see the real side off the daytime hare man running dogs in the mid off june killing 9 hares or so think that worse then lamping .

This is just getting pointless.. The lamping boys think theres nothing wrong with it and the daytime boys do.. It's always gonna be like that.. I know if i was in a position where i only had maybe a half dozen hares local too me and dar wer lads pickin em off early season under the lamp id be pissed off .. Live and let live is the only way :drink:

Down to the inividual. Purists will call you all sorts for even mentioning it but its still more sporting than shooting them. A bloke with an average lamping/rabbit dog isnt going to find hares 'piss easy' at night and almost impossible daytime on big land so i say enjoy your sport, just respect your quarry and dont hammer it on the lamp if your dog is a good hare dog. jmo

yep, a hare in the day is 100 times harder, than in the night.But some hares in the night which have had a light on them before,can on (big) fields can really push your average lamping dog. And if you are just after rabbits that night, 2-3 runs on hares ,will only give you smaller rabbit bag :hmm:

Bird, Chris has seen your dog, it seems by your accounts your dog is a big heavy type of dog , i suppose it isn,t suited to catching hares being the size he is, a good lamping dog should be able to run hares and still run and catch rabbits, if it has plenty of stamina. regards lamperjohn.

Down to the inividual. Purists will call you all sorts for even mentioning it but its still more sporting than shooting them. A bloke with an average lamping/rabbit dog isnt going to find hares 'piss easy' at night and almost impossible daytime on big land so i say enjoy your sport, just respect your quarry and dont hammer it on the lamp if your dog is a good hare dog. jmo

yep, a hare in the day is 100 times harder, than in the night.But some hares in the night which have had a light on them before,can on (big) fields can really push your average lamping dog. And if you are just after rabbits that night, 2-3 runs on hares ,will only give you smaller rabbit bag :hmm:

Bird, Chris has seen your dog, it seems by your accounts your dog is a big heavy type of dog , i suppose it isn,t suited to catching hares being the size he is, a good lamping dog should be able to run hares and still run and catch rabbits, if it has plenty of stamina. regards lamperjohn.

you are right mate, big fat thing not much stamina, just about catch a rabbit. Who's Chris, dont know a Chris.??