lamping hares

it does know where to go because i chased 1 over a month on the lamp and it made my dog look silly everytime,so i went up and had a look in the day and found a big hole in the fence so i blocked it up went back with the lamp that night and caught it no bother so there you go they know exactly where there going and if they manage to reach that bit before the dog they win everytime

thats a really sporting thing to do :thumbdown:

ive done it once mate,only killed the one bunnies are my thing, and it was to try and see what it tasted like,and i only said the way i got it as if you read people were saying any dog can catch them on the lamp because they dont know where there going,well this one was the oppisite it knew exactly where to go and my lurcher could not catch it.must be shite lol

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stabba.daytime hare's are special in most decent dog lads eye's,I am not a member of the saluki brigade but can recognise that it takes a good dog to catch a full grown winter hare,you will wipe them

I dont Think Many of You who were NOT devouted pre ban hare coursers are ever going to understand, why we were so passionate about it, what we once had can never be gotten back, unless we get FULL

Just got back into hunting the past year and a half after being out off the game for a well.Back then l hunted hares during the day but never had any good really hares dogs about me and was really jus

Lamping Hares will always be a sore point to the saluki brigade... Hares are Hares and as such should to be taken by any method available(dog wise) if they are becoming a nuisance...rabbits are lamped..fact.. foxes are lamped..fact... even deer used to get lamped..fact... what makes the Hare anymore special.. absoloutley frig all imo...ultimate athlete this.. majestic that...what makes the Hare so special that he shouldnt be lamped.just because you saluki gambling men say so.. fcuk that... atb stabba

Guest joe ox

Lamping Hares will always be a sore point to the saluki brigade... Hares are Hares and as such should to be taken by any method available(dog wise) if they are becoming a nuisance...rabbits are lamped..fact.. foxes are lamped..fact... even deer used to get lamped..fact... what makes the Hare anymore special.. absoloutley frig all imo...ultimate athlete this.. majestic that...what makes the Hare so special that he shouldnt be lamped.just because you saluki gambling men say so.. fcuk that... atb stabba

Well said thumbs.gif

Well said thumbs.gif

i will lamp whatever i see when its hunting season,what they dont know wont hurt them. :thumbs:

Stabba is right, however i really prefer to see my dogs trying their hardest, using every twist and turn out of the book, using their gears correctly, and finishing off with a lightning strike picking up their quarry.

Yes its about pest control and using what ever means, but its also about seeing all your training pay off!

Have to agree with scotty and boyo. Alot of hares can be very difficult to catch when being lamped. Around my area i've yet to see an easy one. Not saying they're as difficult as in daytime, but they're certainly very far from easy.

any dog that struggles to kill a hare on the lamp is a slow dog.a hare cant get into a ditch and will run into the middle of the field and search blindly for the gaps.its a waste and lurchermen who do this dont appreciate what a special animal it is and the type of run that hare would give come dawn.they must just have them down as a stupid oversized rabbit in their book.its like hunting in the summer or killing a pregnant one it would get you a bad namewhere im from especialy as they are scarce and dont need controlling

• Like 1

I have'nt run a hare on the lamp for twenty five year's as they are too easyilly caught,the difference between day and night is massive and it is only out of respect for such a majestic animal gained over many year's of pursuit(pre-ban)that stops me or anyone I hunt with.Young lads starting off are the worst for running out of season hare's and lamping them is the only chance they have of catching.Good winter hare's deserve a fair chance,1 dog,1 hare daytime only(pre-ban)These kids that carry on hunting all year round do so as they can't catch them in the winter,running milky does and leverets will not gain them any respect from fellow lurcherman,lamping was introduced to give an advantage over the quarry hunted, not to give a fair chance,if your struggling on the lamp then you need a better dog,there are a lot of second rate dogs about that only seem to go lamping these day's and we hear a lot of poor excuses to carry on doing so,gain some repect for your quarry and you will gain some respect from fellow lurchermen,yis,wirralman

Spot On! :thumbs:

Im sure it's diff in the uk than it is here.. I honestly dont know anybody who hunts hares to control them.. Every week on here you see lads with hares they have taken under the lamp and it seems to be the done thing over there.. I just think they deserve far more respect than to be given the disadvantage tbh.. As do deer.. Each to there own i suppose :angel:

I have'nt run a hare on the lamp for twenty five year's as they are too easyilly caught,the difference between day and night is massive and it is only out of respect for such a majestic animal gained over many year's of pursuit(pre-ban)that stops me or anyone I hunt with.Young lads starting off are the worst for running out of season hare's and lamping them is the only chance they have of catching.Good winter hare's deserve a fair chance,1 dog,1 hare daytime only(pre-ban)These kids that carry on hunting all year round do so as they can't catch them in the winter,running milky does and leverets will not gain them any respect from fellow lurcherman,lamping was introduced to give an advantage over the quarry hunted, not to give a fair chance,if your struggling on the lamp then you need a better dog,there are a lot of second rate dogs about that only seem to go lamping these day's and we hear a lot of poor excuses to carry on doing so,gain some repect for your quarry and you will gain some respect from fellow lurchermen,yis,wirralman

lamping was only introduced to hunt at night!!

i lamp hares regular and it is a stifff test for a man to carry all them back some hare lampers ar ethe strongest men i ever seen backs on them like shire horses

If you wana test yourself go to the gym mate.. No need to kill hares to do it :thumbs: