is this fair??

I agree Aaron! I grew up in a hunting home but became a mild anti (for want of a better phrase) during the first couple of years of college: that's college for you! However, by the time I left college I'd looked into things in more depth and realised all the stuff I'd been hearing was lies.

When I bought my first lurcher and started working her I kept quite about it at first, worried about what others would think. After a few years I became more open and honest about it and was amazed at how many pro-hunting people there are around. I've lost count of the number of people I've met who say something along the lines of, "Oh, you keep ferrets. My grandad had ferrets and I went out with him every week when I was little."

Keep educating people as to what you do Georgia. Some won't listen but some do: I'm proof of that.

OOOOHHH- YAAAH ! )sorry US military term for "I agree !!! "

We are the original 'organics'....we take from the woods and leave something for the field.Some of my best advocates, used to be 'tree huggers'. Now they know how much we hunters love the countryside....and some love to chase coyotes with long dogs ,now. Because it is as it has always been...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... the secret is dont tell anyone feck all - keep your hunting exploits to yourself ..

I did part of CSE English exam about dogs took a bald faced Staff/Russel (which was a proper animal)in for a talk, no body bothered me, but I suppose it was very different in 19??

We were still able to sell fox skins and used to get between £7-£15 depending how damaged they were, now most of our foxes are killed cleanly and we just chuck them, what a waist :thumbdown:

But yes nowadays tell them feck all.

i think you done the right thing and glad you give her a good pastin there is nothing wrong with hunting everyone in my school knows that i like going out hunting and they dont say anything just done letanyone make you change your mind atb and happt hunting :clapper::clapper::clapper:

I agree Aaron! I grew up in a hunting home but became a mild anti (for want of a better phrase) during the first couple of years of college: that's college for you! However, by the time I left college I'd looked into things in more depth and realised all the stuff I'd been hearing was lies.

When I bought my first lurcher and started working her I kept quite about it at first, worried about what others would think. After a few years I became more open and honest about it and was amazed at how many pro-hunting people there are around. I've lost count of the number of people I've met who say something along the lines of, "Oh, you keep ferrets. My grandad had ferrets and I went out with him every week when I was little."

Keep educating people as to what you do Georgia. Some won't listen but some do: I'm proof of that.

OOOOHHH- YAAAH ! )sorry US military term for "I agree !!! "

We are the original 'organics'....we take from the woods and leave something for the field.Some of my best advocates, used to be 'tree huggers'. Now they know how much we hunters love the countryside....and some love to chase coyotes with long dogs ,now. Because it is as it has always been...

i`ve done the marchs i`ve put more time in than i dare admit tryin to promote terriermen and terrier work in a good light . i`ve dug every legel quarry when it was legal in the uk , i fish i shoot i do a bit of lamping and a bit of ferreting .. so i know the game i`ve been at the terriers 40 years - but there is a differance in promoting what you do in the right way and being boastfull about it - i remember being part of a digging gang/team in the 80s all and sundry had to know what we where doing taking dogs into pubs smashed up killed this killed that you know the type i left em to get on with it within a few months they`d all been lifted for digging something illegal .. loose tongues get you in trouble - when you know what to say and who to say it to thats the time to promote your sport you cant always educate people more so in this day and age .. Edited by the_stig

The way round this is to threaten legal action for defamation of character.If this is a one off type idea then theyre not allowed to say such nonesense.Also write a letter including the word victimisation that usually sorts things out and you want to get on to school board and education authoritys.Also id be making a complaint regarding the head of the school

... the secret is dont tell anyone feck all - keep your hunting exploits to yourself ..

Spot on, ive lost ground through talking about my sport. :angry: When ive been just walking my dog, people have asked what type of dog is it, you say lurcher.They say are those dogs that kill rabbits and ..................?.You say no the dog does pest control, to control the rabbits not kill them all. :wallbash: I had [90]acres once, where a keeper let me lamp it.But these [pricks] who lived on the ground, didnt like to see lamps about, and told the keeper that if they see any more they would tell the [land owner] to have it stopped. That was the end of me :angry: [ALL because] me talking to a friend of them pricks. :doh: [so keep your mouth shut] :yes: and do i still have walk over there :hmm::laugh:

my god so meny comments lol, just to let you all know im at a new collage where its more laid back.. and there going to put me at work on a farm or in kennals CARNT WAIT!!! :D thanks alot for everything..

thankyou

georgia..x

I got kicked out of school and no other school around my area would have me, so they put me in one of those Bridge courses for naughty kids, and to be honest it probably done more harm than good because you're in a class with loads of other kids who have a real difficult time behaving lol.

F==k me , you can tell its half term,

seems to me that half the posters on this topic should be practising there spelling,

In answer to your question, I dont think its fair that you should be kicked out of school!!1

Because when you write about it nobody will understand what you are trying to say !!!!!!

right about a month ago i got kiked out of my school because i stuck up for my self, this one girl came up to me and my friend (who is allso a hunter) and said you two are evil little b@sterds then punched my mate in the face, i grabbed her and basicly fully pasted her.. now im kiked out of my school and the girl who started all of this only got a detention for rough behavior i had a letter sent home saying im a danger to the school site and that im excluded for good, now i find that abit unfair dont you agree or do u have a diffornt opinion?

thank you!

georgia.. x

Not fair but f****n typical mate. Atb Cajun