saluki

ye it was a good trip , but im asking a question about saluks in general ,im a hunter i rate dogs by ther catches and feet durability how do youse rate pure salukis , etc and what do they have to do for you to make them think of breeding is it pound signs or performnace mate ,my mate had good salukis over by in the seventies eighties but lends to the , long dog type he breeds to catch game now, whats you crack on breeding them and how do you rate them , to say there worth breeding off etc ,

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love these threads, But am i right in thinking no one has actually slated kizzy/pharoh/ khan lines everyone seems to agree they are some, if not the best, lines in europe maybe even the world.  

fact is they are from the same lines,cruise, cruise junior, kizzy ect ect ect .fact. if they was been bred to further the breed then why isnt there new blood been entered into the breeding lines. im

it seems that the pure saluki has been turned into the new border terrier, it was only 5 yrs ago that you couldnt give them away unlike the border that was like gold dust to breeders. a guy from the

Posted Images

heres my bitch,Samara.Shes just come to 16 months old and I gave her a few runs the end of this season,shes caught 2 but next year I'll run her proper.I have no idea how good or poor she is as Ive nothing to compare her to.All I do know is she put a few hares under real pressure and I enjoyed her running as did my young son.He is now asking for either a pure Saluki or a first cross for his birthday present in May,if theres any litters coming up in the future I would be interested to hear about them.I intend to do a lot of hares next season.

153.jpg

152.jpg

150.jpg

ye it was a good trip , but im asking a question about saluks in general ,im a hunter i rate dogs by ther catches and feet durability how do youse rate pure salukis , etc and what do they have to do for you to make them think of breeding is it pound signs or performnace mate ,my mate had good salukis over by in the seventies eighties but lends to the , long dog type he breeds to catch game now, whats you crack on breeding them and how do you rate them , to say there worth breeding off etc ,

if it was pound sighns id have 50 of them and make sure i made plenty of moneyi wouldnt f..ck about if thats what i was at !! i will agree the crosses will catch mor game esspecially on the smaller land ,dont think anyone would question that !the pure ..working stuff historicly is desighned for the long chase .thats what they do best thats why there feet are so inportant .for running on sand /or stony desert

feet ye ,but im asking how do they rate a dog over here in the saluk world , compared to good working lurchers , whats your test pre ban and whats your idea of it all i breed to get better if lucky it works out at times , , but i work them hard at times to see faults or see good pionts , what do all these lovely saluki people do to merit the breed mate its an honest qquestion ,

feet ye ,but im asking how do they rate a dog over here in the saluk world , compared to good working lurchers , whats your test pre ban and whats your idea of it all i breed to get better if lucky it works out at times , , but i work them hard at times to see faults or see good pionts , what do all these lovely saluki people do to merit the breed mate its an honest qquestion ,

honest answer ...overall performance ....fit for purpose what they do in the show ring i have no idea !!

what like catching ability pace stamina and good feet etc and allround trainability

that is exactly what your looking for,although personally i dont need a dog that will perfom tricks !! as long as it comes back to me im happy dont need a dog thats trined to field trail standards ..but thats me !

nor do i but if they dont perforn they are not there no matter how beutiful they are performance first then everything else , how long you had the saluks and how long you worked them on allsorts mate

im relativlly new to the pure salukis ,but had severall salukixs over 20 years .

have to addmit the pure salukis are a challange !! to say the least still have the collie xs allways liked them and had them for 40 years odd ,not much salukis about then ,its horses for courses whin more time these days ,allthough not so good in some respects regarding /hunting ..to be honest whin i have nothing to prove to anyone only myself ,but allways looking for inprovement !!

nor do i but if they dont perforn they are not there no matter how beutiful they are performance first then everything else , how long you had the saluks and how long you worked them on allsorts mate

im relativlly new to the pure salukis ,but had severall salukixs over 20 years .

have to addmit the pure salukis are a challange !! to say the least still have the collie xs allways liked them and had them for 40 years odd ,not much salukis about then ,its horses for courses whin more time these days ,allthough not so good in some respects regarding /hunting ..to be honest whin i have nothing to prove to anyone only myself ,but allways looking for inprovement !!

that is why along with others i have spent alot of time effort and money to source good genuine new working saluki blood from outside the u/k,mybe others will benafit from the efforts of those prepared to do this ..who knows !!!

coursing mad thats anice bitch good front end and nice long saddle mate ,how is she coming on

tell the truth, run her on pugged rabbits in daytime, prob 8 or 9, caght them easily, two long ears with my other pup, dobled up. been busy with my older ones, will not lamp her, she can wait till sept now. shes fast, tight bitch.

Had this old boy when I lived in the Middle East; got him given at 6 month and had him PTS at 17 years old. Pure bred Beduin Saluki; he would have added some decent blood to the UK stock, but unfortunately I never had the chance to import him;

sam2.jpg

saluki.jpg

sam1.jpg

Still toying with the idea of bringing one in from Saudi, or the U.A.E.

Cheers.