saluki

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love these threads, But am i right in thinking no one has actually slated kizzy/pharoh/ khan lines everyone seems to agree they are some, if not the best, lines in europe maybe even the world.  

fact is they are from the same lines,cruise, cruise junior, kizzy ect ect ect .fact. if they was been bred to further the breed then why isnt there new blood been entered into the breeding lines. im

it seems that the pure saluki has been turned into the new border terrier, it was only 5 yrs ago that you couldnt give them away unlike the border that was like gold dust to breeders. a guy from the

Posted Images

Can one of the mods please close this post ASAP.

Before this thread i wanted a saluki and this is not bloody helping!!! :wallbash:

put your hand in your pocket and buy one edd im sure youll enjoy it :thumbs:

Before this thread i wanted a saluki and this is not bloody helping!!! :wallbash:

its the best thing you can do just get out and buy one, they are fantastic dogs if you buy the right ones, all i think about at work all day is getting home to get out with the dogs in fact ime off out for a mooch for a few hours right now,

cocker

its the best thing you can do just get out and buy one, they are fantastic dogs if you buy the right ones, all i think about at work all day is getting home to get out with the dogs in fact ime off out for a mooch for a few hours right now,

cocker

well said mate, pretty much hits the nail on the head :thumbs: , I really enjoy watching all my dogs work :yes: , on both good and bad days, but most of all I love watching my saluki graft, just something about them :yes: same thing I get watching hawks, just an extra bit special (especially when they do retrieve or catch :boogie: )

atb Richard

it seems that the pure saluki has been turned into the new border terrier, it was only 5 yrs ago that you couldnt give them away unlike the border that was like gold dust to breeders.

a guy from the north east who was advertising on here was struggling to get £300 for pures with papers but now they are triple that.

strange world we live in

• Like 2

it seems that the pure saluki has been turned into the new border terrier, it was only 5 yrs ago that you couldnt give them away unlike the border that was like gold dust to breeders.

a guy from the north east who was advertising on here was struggling to get £300 for pures with papers but now they are triple that.

strange world we live in

probebly so but some have realised the u/k is not the only place to both aquire and sell should you wish to ;)

strange world we live in

i wouldnt say salukis were particularly popular, for instance there are over 24,400 registered users on this site but there are only about a dozen people who actually own a pure saluki, on here, as for prices take a look at any kc registerd pure bred, they are all very expensive, especially small dogs chihuahuas for example £1000s of pounds for a good one, not only that prices in dogs do rise, the first whippet i ever bought cost me £5.00, jack russells £5-£10, lurchers £25-£50, a bag of chips 10p, take a look on e pupz now, they cant get rid of salukis on there, they end up being for sale for months. however good working dogs and pups will always be desirable whatever the breed, and they will always command a higher price,its the same with any livestock, fact.

cocker

fact is they are from the same lines,cruise, cruise junior, kizzy ect ect ect .fact.

if they was been bred to further the breed then why isnt there new blood been entered into the breeding lines.

im abit of a pessemist but i find it hard to believe,

another question,how many guys get them to run ?

• Like 2

fact is there is allready new blood that has been introduced into kizzypharoh lines ,and there will probebly be more ..new blood introduced in the next few years with the imported stock coming into the uk .and i think nearly all the folk on here that own pure salukis do run them ;)

they arent all kizzy and pharoe, there are plenty of other lines in this country already,and more coming in right now, with all due credit to some of the lads on here,

my mates pure salukis have no kizzy or pharoe in them,neither do any of the others who i run with, although they are all bred from imported stuff, and all are used very regularly,

cocker

fact is there is allready new blood that has been introduced into kizzypharoh lines ,and there will probebly be more ..new blood introduced in the next few years with the imported stock coming into the uk .and i think nearly all the folk on here that own pure salukis do run them ;)

as riohog says this is correct, new blood will be introduced into the working salukis which are already here, my own plans include a desert bred saluki dog with no kizzy or pharoe in it, but not for another 3 years, and no pups will be for sale they will only be given to close friends, or those i feel i trust, in 35 years of keeping dogs i have only ever bred two litters,

cocker