saluki

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love these threads, But am i right in thinking no one has actually slated kizzy/pharoh/ khan lines everyone seems to agree they are some, if not the best, lines in europe maybe even the world.  

fact is they are from the same lines,cruise, cruise junior, kizzy ect ect ect .fact. if they was been bred to further the breed then why isnt there new blood been entered into the breeding lines. im

it seems that the pure saluki has been turned into the new border terrier, it was only 5 yrs ago that you couldnt give them away unlike the border that was like gold dust to breeders. a guy from the

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this thread moved on from when I last looked! I know topics like this create hugely varying opinions but the thing I love is that you all agree on one thing; that you love your salukis and know their worth. :thumbs: A very good read and lots of stunning dogs that I'm very jealous of. :clapper:

DSC_0339.jpg

Heres my lads 1st cross salukix grey beautiful dog and he can catch if you give him two days notice and several hectares to run his quarry into a standstill. i personally love this dog to bits but he is the last one of his breed we will have i dont rate them going on the performance of him and others like him. Im sure the saluki snobs will shoot me down but they are quite a moronic breed. my next door neighbour has 3 pure bred dogs and they are loopy. i have experience of some of the arabic breeding (i lived in the middle east for a while) and they are as equally numb. but then again i have seen dogs that were exceptional but not consistent and for me thats what they lack some days they just cant be arsed wether its because their toast was buttered on both sides or the wind direction makes them look bad god knows or maybe i havent mastered the art of saluki training. Waste of time buy a gun and shoot your hares you will still have to pick them up yourself.

If you want to pay a fortune for imported blood lines then thats your business and i dont demean your efforts or commitment to a stunning breed but for the normal bloke ferreting or lamping rabbits and doing legal work these days are they a practical solution?

DIDNT THINK 1ST CROSSES HAD FEATHER? I WAS TOLD ITS RECESSIVE GENE.

Great thread with some lovely dogs. These are hands down my favourite purebred sighthounds, not sure how I ended up with this Whippet pup really :tongue2:

My last dog was a Whippet/Saluki cross and it seems most of his best characteristics were from his Saluki blood rather than the Whippet. I liked the stubborness personally and his loyalty was second to none.

I'll definitely own another Saluki cross or pure Saluki at some stage.

FIRST SALUK WHIPPET DOGS I SAW WERE TWENTY YEARS AGO VIA A GUY CALLED D BIRD , who had the saluki tor , shewas agood dog some days then others she was indiffent shewas close bred tho , so maybe faults came through , , i think dogs are bred better now but alas the men to work them properly are getting thinner on the ground at moment

nice pics of the saluks but i prefer them diluted brings the best out of a dog for game harvesting , saw several in new mexico good odgs but some were in the wrong hands as work dogs more pets , the only thing they lacked was agear for afast jack rabbit, but once the hare got t2 two thre minutes they stiuck like glue to his scut , i would like to see a real hunting saluk owned by real enthusaists who hunt were ever and chase were ever i wonder if abetter dog would come out of it if the saluks were pacy type

FIRST SALUK WHIPPET DOGS I SAW WERE TWENTY YEARS AGO VIA A GUY CALLED D BIRD , who had the saluki tor , shewas agood dog some days then others she was indiffent shewas close bred tho , so maybe faults came through , , i think dogs are bred better now but alas the men to work them properly are getting thinner on the ground at moment

you have to give them the oppertunaty whin ..instead of just point and slip !!

rio hog who pionts and slips a dog me personaly there hardly leashed , i rate adog by its ability in the feild , how do you rate a dog rio hog or a saluki by game its had or what as i cant find another way to rate dogs yet , saluks are nice dogs but , over by few can catch the bklacktailed jack rabbits week in week out on the plains of southern new mexico how do you rate them these SALUKS ETC , i like them but i think they are not in the [bANNED TEXT] hands to perform well at times

how do you go about breeding good salukis riohog , what do you do give them 3 seasons and if they catch well in all sorts of positions and are steady enough no feet probs etc is this the ones you breed off etc , getting a bit bemused at the saluks and the type of people who have thenm nowadays , alot dont hunt dont even want to hunt so how do they class agood dog mate by the ribbons on her hare or rossettes you no, a bit more thanme what goes on behind the scenes but , what do you class adog worth breeding of saluk wise

rio hog who pionts and slips a dog me personaly there hardly leashed , i rate adog by its ability in the feild , how do you rate a dog rio hog or a saluki by game its had or what as i cant find another way to rate dogs yet , saluks are nice dogs but , over by few can catch the bklacktailed jack rabbits week in week out on the plains of southern new mexico how do you rate them these SALUKS ETC , i like them but i think they are not in the [bANNED TEXT] hands to perform well at times

you missunderstood what i said .. instead of point and slip give them there head a bit more ,

they dont have a naturall instinct to hunt up they are pure sight hound ,,not scent hound ''by the way nice picture ive got of your nights lamping in the states !!