What you've never seen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a big cat :yes:

Seen almost everything in the wild i'd want to apart from capercalie, Chinese water deer, otter(had a brief sighting), pine martin and Scottish wildcat ;)

Forgot to add i'd like to see a boar roaming our countryside :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fishaben

I was watching Bill Oddies wildlife watch and he was walking through a field and he found a grass snakes shed skin, he then found a compost heap,after a bit of rumaging he put his hand in and next thing you know he brings it out a baby grass snake. :rolleyes:

Ben

ive seen nearly everthing the uk has to offer inc big cats and wild boar but down here in somerset its real nice to see the otters making a comeback as for badgers you cant move for them counted 26 in one field the other night they are a right pest down here and the farmers hate them, we dont seem to see as many slow worms as we use to proberly got summit to do with this queer wheather and global warming :victory:

I've seen most things, I spent all my time in the "Bark woods" watching badgers and looking for birds nests and bugs, I've travelled and stayed all over the uk with my parents as a kid in the motorhome and when I was keepering in the wildlife rich Scottish borders, but I'd love to see a Hobby, wild polecats and scottish wildcats

living in scotland and hunting and traveling all over saw quiet a lot of diffrent animals ,some hunted some just wild , saw blue sharks a porbeagle all in the salmon nets ,saw a basking shark in fact two , a whale of the coast of norway , over buy in new mexico saw several critters road runners beep beeep , coyotes , antelopes , oryx, bears wild boar and feral pigs, rattle snakes , all sorts of things trapped bobcats kit foxes grey foxes , out of them all , the best i saw was peregrine hit a grouse near edinburgh great site what a whack , were im working there there peregrines at moment and well protected , porpoises etc otters on the river and in the feilds, ermine , alive and trapped , badgers feching things, saw a marten in east germany dead on the road , never saw one hear ,yet, saw all types of deer , saw a few roe bucks fighting , i supppose when its on your door step you see more all the best , never get sick of nature just mans way

seen a fairamount of stuff over the years, a black adder dancing with a reguler one, a parliment of 12 hares, hobbys, hoopoes, spoonbills and hares in cornwal i live in tarka country now so otters are around but i've never seen a wild goshawk yet ah well one day.

Seem most uk reptiles, mainly grass snakes, slow worms, adders and sand lizards around

here, but seem 2 smooth snakes too.

Seen an otter in weybridge a couple of times when i lived there.

Grew up in the area the ring necked parraketts were first let loose, and conlanised,

and have since watched the colonies grow to cover a huge area now, and spreading every year.

You always hear them long before you see them :D noisy feckers.

Have hobbys nesting every year 2 miles away, oftern see them in summer feeding

on big dragon flys, while walking the dogs.

I'd like to see a bittern, a golden eagle, a bustard and well, chinnese water deer, coypu

wallabys and a pine martin.