What you've never seen

A Linx. al those years we hunted in the Ardennes, Luxembourg, Germany.. never saw one. not at night or in daylight. And everyone was talking about there re-introduction and the trails and prey they found... and we never see one! in 25 years. :no: pitty

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter
:( That's bloody bad luck, Targa. I once had occassion to ask, on a North American Fur Trappers forum, if any of those boys ever saw Lynx / Bobcat. By about the fifth page of affirmatives, often backed up with glorious photographs, I was beggining to get the message! :icon_eek:

Spoke to a pakistani subsistence farmer/shepherd living in the Khunjerab National park who trapped a small number of snow leopard every year and sold the skins for a pittance(I bought one for $70)at Kashgar market.He was 50+ years old,but could count on the fingers of one hand the number of cats he had encountered on mountain slopes and glacial valleys(aside from the ones in his foot-hold traps)during a lifetime in the area :unsure:

• 1 month later...
See practically every thing bar a live badger, seen em on telly, seen em dead by the road but never seen one in the wild.

we probably see more badgers than rabbits down our way there everywhere

See practically every thing bar a live badger, seen em on telly, seen em dead by the road but never seen one in the wild.

we probably see more badgers than rabbits down our way there everywhere

also falcons red kites now coming back, nice to see so many brock :yahoo:

Guest The Shaman

Me and Dandyman where having a drive about on our site to kill some time in the Landrover and I kid you not we saw at lease 10 different Hares - quite a few different shades too. Some would spook and go like the clappers for about 200 yards - a couple would lazily plod off and one cheeky fecker just eyed us up about 10 yards away - ignored me when I rolled the window down, and only moved when I opened the door :11: bold as brass.

Guest midnight_runner
Never seen a wild mink :no: loads of grass snakes,adders etc :yes: plenty of badgers when I lived in Durham.One thing I see every single day without fail is a flock of wild parrots,yeah,right here in the uk :yes:

was working down in maidenhead sean a flock of parrots had to look twice

Never seen a wild mink :no: loads of grass snakes,adders etc :yes: plenty of badgers when I lived in Durham.One thing I see every single day without fail is a flock of wild parrots,yeah,right here in the uk :yes:

one of ma dogs killed a mink this summer its mam ran of and left the young one under a river bank dog was blowing bubbles and out came the mink in its mouth,av also seen a slow worm like a mini snake 1 in a lifetime sighting.

i was alos fishing up in westeross,scotland for mackrel and otter pinched 1 of ma fish it was nice to see

Midnight,Maidenhead is closeby,I saw several hundred parrots today,very vocal and very visible :yes: elma,theres lots of slow worms locally,havent seen an otter here though I have seen them in sutherland and caithness :)

can't think of many animals/mammals in the Uk that I haven't seen, I have been walking the fields and forests since I was knee high, when you root about to that extent then you see most things, I would like to observe a Pine Marten, (seen a dead one) and a coypu,

Used to say "i'd love to see otters back in the valley" well they are back and in force. Every single nights sea trout fishing one turns up. And they are not shy either, up to your waist in water over they come to scare the life out of you when you are concentraiting on your fishing, quite unconcerned about the damage they could do to your nuts with those teeth!!! :11:

Anyway have never seen a live wild adder (did find a dead one once) and apparently there are still some pine martens in Wales??? :hmm:

Cheers

Aled

Midnight,Maidenhead is closeby,I saw several hundred parrots today,very vocal and very visible :yes: elma,theres lots of slow worms locally,havent seen an otter here though I have seen them in sutherland and caithness :)

mackem are they ring necked parakeets?

Guest markbrick1

never seen a munkjak seen loads of badgers see them most nights and seen the wild cat down here watched it for about 2 minutes walkin under a pillon with a rabbit in its mouth so i could judge his size

mackem are they ring necked parakeets?

Theres reckoned to be over 7000 ring necked in the area,but we also have a small colony of orange-winged parakeets up the road in weybridge,local twitchers were delighted last year when a peregrine which frequented the area began targetting the birds :yes: