• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest billy boy

I totally agree with what Pockets said about the guy called Plummer. He made money from other peoples experiences. However, as the man loved to get people going when he was alive he is still doing that now he is dead! How ironic! Even today there still is some really good dog men out there, but Plummer thought he was the only one who knew something about dogs. How wrong he was!

Good Luck to all the dog men!

Best regards Billy boy........

someone mentioned him being highly intelligent. did you know that there is a very fine line between high intelligence/creativity and mental insanity? :11: :11:

LOCKE,..That kind of petulant comment cost me a TEN YEAR ban from most magazines :11: :11: :11:

Hopefully,.I'll play it differently this time around..... ;)

All the best,...CHALKWARREN.... :)

i dont think just because plummer lamped foxes with his slip ons on , and wrote a few books that he did any harm to the field sports game quite the reverse really. now he,s dead i cant see why people get all hot and bothered by the name.he didnt beat and starve his dogs or ill treat out not like some of the idiots that have come in and out of our sport over the years. the one,s that make the video nasties that fall into the wrong hands.fair play to anyone that puts a roof over his head and lives his life without harming others.and to all those that have his books that slag him of ... then sell them as they seem to make a good price as a visit to one tent at a game fair recently goes by.

This is the point and to say you hate the man cos he told a lie or two is a bit sad,i don't hate my mum and i know for sure there's no tooth fairy,not to sure about Father Christmas, but the tooth fairy is a load of bollocks :rofl:

Guest Ditch_Shitter
the tooth fairy is a load of bollocks :rofl:

:icon_eek: You calling my old dear a liar?! :angry: My mum told me there was a tooth fairy ~ and all good boys believe their mums! :laugh:

About that earlier point, about Plummer not ill treating his Dogs: I read of a bloke who was there when Plummer used a spade to kill one of his famous white alsations. As the bloke said of the incident; ' It wasn't pleasent. That poor Dog didn't die easily'.

Of course, I wasn't there. But nor would have been his protectors who'll swear That story too is b*llocks. Has the ring of truth about it to me though.

i read some of his books when i was younger and i thought they were good but like i said earlier you got to go out and find it out for your self ! the biggest down fall for me i use to listen to the lads who caught 30 in a night round us ! which is a mean feet by any ones standards for rabbits i thought my dog and i was shite but if i listened to them and not do me own shit i would of packed in ! so you get a start and progress :rocker: and do your own field work cos you cant learn it out a book can you?this bloke was gospel when i was younger and their isnt much about now ! most books go on what other people have done and not the auther of the book ! is this because they dont want critisysing ? b plumber he put his neck on the the line with alot of books ?/ then a terrier ,what an ambition !!you never mock the dead though :realmad: :realmad: but it was mostly his opinion in his books

cheers dave

[thanks thats the first time some one has a greed with me :rofl: their wasnt many books on dog work at my time of getting in to it which was 88 for me but manly ferret work and i use to use my mates dogs who you prob no . to me you come across scared of telling it how its done so you say what every one else has done and their great dogs , just saying no offence meant in any way and that goes to all my posts