• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew Brian for the last eight years of his life and can honestly say he was one of the most fasinating men i have ever met.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i have mine. I had read his books but didn't know what to expect. He was very intellegant and had a story or two to tell. Know i don't know if the stories were true or not but i would like to think so.

When i knew him he didn't keep any terriers apart from a few lucas's. He was breeding beardie collies, white german shepards, bull mastifs and cavilear spaniels.

He had two lurchers "merab and Fedra" but they were really old by now.

I went out with him on many occasions mostly the the cavalears and "pip" his main Lucas terrir and found his dogs to be very well traind and i was genuanly impressed with him.

I got to know him really well and spent alot of time on the hills around Abington. His wife Norma did most of the Kennel work due to his ill health and i found them to be as clean as you can expect them to be.

To be honest, i didn't agree with breeding the amount of dogs he did to make money and i wouldn't do it myself, but i do feel the dogs were well looked after.

I saw him train Fathom 2 and used to take her out most weekends.

When he got Sinira, his Plummer terrier i got mine and we had intended on running them together in the Raggengill Rat Pack but he got to ill and it fell by the wayside.

When he died i lost a good friend and i still miss the stories he told.

At the end of the day weather you liked him or not he was a very succesful writter and he was respected by many.

To be fair to him, he didn't force anyone to buy his books. However, it's funny how the people who didn't like his books and thought they were rubbish still managed to read them all!

If they were that bad surely you would have stopped after the first few?

Now it really is very sad that people can't just let go. You either believe what he wrote or you don't. It's as simple as that. You either like him or you don't. If you don't that's fine but you must be quite sad if you need to keep slagging him off! Get over it and get on with your life's and enjoy your hunting!

Life is far too short and you never know whats around the corner. Don't waste all your time and energy putting other people down. It doesn't make you feel any better and it makes you look very imature. We are all grown ups after all!

I knew Brian for the last eight years of his life and can honestly say he was one of the most fasinating men i have ever met.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i have mine. I had read his books but didn't know what to expect. He was very intellegant and had a story or two to tell. Know i don't know if the stories were true or not but i would like to think so.

When i knew him he didn't keep any terriers apart from a few lucas's. He was breeding beardie collies, white german shepards, bull mastifs and cavilear spaniels.

I went out with him on many occasions mostly the the cavalears and "pip" his main Lucas terrir and found his dogs to be very well traind and i was genuanly impressed with him.

I got to know him really well and spent alot of time on the hills around Abington. His wife Norma did most of the Kennel work due to his ill health and i found them to be as clean as you can expect them to be.

To be honest, i didn't agree with breeding the amount of dogs he did to make money and i wouldn't do it myself, but i do feel the dogs were well looked after.

When he got Sinira, his Plummer terrier i got mine and we had intended on running them together in the Raggengill Rat Pack but he got to ill and it fell by the wayside.

At the end of the day weather you liked him or not he was a very succesful writter and he was respected by many.

To be fair to him, he didn't force anyone to buy his books. However, it's funny how the people who didn't like his books and thought they were rubbish still managed to read them all!

Now it really is very sad that people can't just let go. You either believe what he wrote or you don't. It's as simple as that. You either like him or you don't. If you don't that's fine but you must be quite sad if you need to keep slagging him off! Get over it and get on with your life's and enjoy your hunting!

Life is far too short and you never know whats around the corner. Don't waste all your time and energy putting other people down. It doesn't make you feel any better and it makes you look very imature. We are all grown ups after all!

was this man not just another form of business man ie.selling his pups to feed himself.it seems he died with f..k all,or am i wrong.i read one of his books complete lurcher good informative reading.
Guest oldskool

if you are correct in wat you say minion then, there is alot of liars on here and smoochers too!! that is not a crack at you minion or anybody on here but after so many plummer posts its hard to know what to believe. i wish i could have met him and made up my own mind, i am adamant that his books are second to none. ah well, its too late now

Edited by oldskool

:(:(:( Well said minion,its all down to maturity.

To berate a man for doing what he liked, how he liked just smacks of hypocrisy to me,maybe i'm wrong :cry:

I couldn't give a shit what any body thought of me,here or any where else.i'll do my own bit in my own way and if you dont like it ..go f**k yourselves.

Does it really matter what the bloke did or didn't do ?

Does it really matter if he sold a book or two ?

Some real good friends of mine despise the man and to be honest i cant find a valid reason why.

I saw him at Bramham Moor terrier show a few years ago and people were calling him c**t behind his back,but stood there with they're dogs when he wanted a picture for his next book. F**KING HYPOCRITS.

The man is dead after a long illness, he entertained many with his books,and got people interested in field sports in general.

What a criminal eh :o ,hang him from the nearest tree,

Did he publish somebody else's tale(and lets be honest there are some tales about) ?

How dare he,just as the bloke who's real story it was,was going to the publishers next day ;)

BULLSHIT.

Let the man rest in peace,

From what little i know of the man he lived his live,did what he wanted and had a go at breeding some dogs.

Good luck to him,

He didn't invade Britain,didn't get us involved in a pointless war,hasn't forced my taxes up,Hasn't cost me an arm & a leg to run my truck,hasn't banned hunting,owning a pistol or exercising a dog off a lead.

Brian Plummer R.I.P.

as far as i am concerned you don't owe me anything :rocker:

was this man not just another form of business man ie.selling his pups to feed himself.it seems he died with f..k all,or am i wrong.i read one of his books complete lurcher good informative reading.

He was trying to earn a living but he wasn't a shrude buisnessman. Unlike Hancock, Brian kept all his dogs after they had finnished their breeding lifes. Nearly half the dogs living in his kennels were retired breeders who he said had a home for life.

Unlike Hancock, Brian kept all his dogs after they had finnished their breeding lifes. Nearly half the dogs living in his kennels were retired breeders who he said had a home for life.

:o He did? & what about the salukix that he bred two litters from at Hancocks & was then pts afterwards? :whistle:

No need to make any bullshit up because i was told why by Hancock himself many years ago when picking up a pup ;)

The dog in question was Canaan and if I remember correctly Hancock said it had a serious hock injury.

Anyway it was he that put it down not Plummer.

Plummer had more old dogs in his kennels than he had young ones producing pups.

If you were to start a plummers appreciation society , you could hold your AGMs in a phone box .Bet they had to saw 10 inches off his nose to get him in the coffin .Pinnochio through and through . :realmad:

Grow up fox-dropper, you prat. :realmad: Can you not let the man rest in peace? What do you get out of slagging a dead person off?

Grow up fox-dropper, you prat. :realmad: Can you not let the man rest in peace? What do you get out of slagging a dead person off?

SATISFACTION.You like many others only knew what you did about the man through his books.Slagging off-Feck me .The man spent a lifetime of slagging off working dog men to promote the" ultimate"terrier .