what country?

Some great places for sure,id like to teavel abit around usa,look,see.its wierd as soon as you do get on hol somewere,canada,portugal,spain,asia,i start missing things back here,and realise are countryside is beautiful.those dry,dusty,yellow countryside places.(portugal) get very boring compared to are greenery.canadas nice,although to go fishing with my boys a bit of paperwork,and a inch thick mag telling you were and how,when etc to fish,no a prob just observation...no ones said hellmand yet????

• Like 2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did perfectly happy residing in the Highlands surrounded by sheer beauty and fishing . camping walking on my doorstep. 

Only two places come to mind, South island New Zealand. For the freedom, unspoilt country and wild basic lifestyle. Same acreage as the UK and barely more than 5% the population! The public lands

I must admit,i have the opportunity and the wherewithal to emigrate but I actually like the UK 

Posted Images

Not were but when, England in the 70s and 80s may have been the vigour of youth but everything seemed much better then, would happily travel anywere and stay for different time periods but would probably always return home 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I genuinely never thought I would ever leave England, but the reality’s of modern England in the type of area where I lived just kept punching me on the nose every day.

I was sitting on the train back from Paris with me wife in the August after having a very nice few days away and thinking about what I was going back to and said to her “I can’t do this any more, I can’t stand what I have to look at and deal with every day for one more second”

Ahe said “fine, where do you want to go?” And we was moved by the February.

I initially thought about France but my wife’s from Ireland so we ended up here......but now I know it’s as easy as just making up your mind I could go again, just for the adventure.

Id have a look at France this time, a place with a lake......may do it, may not.......see how the mood takes me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

I notice how nobody has said they are happy where they are. 

I did perfectly happy residing in the Highlands surrounded by sheer beauty and fishing . camping walking on my doorstep. 

• Like 8
7 hours ago, mackem said:

You think you will end your time there mate?I think my youngest is heading to Ontario as soon as he graduates,winters are too harsh for me.

winters arent harsh in ontario.

maybe you need to grow a man bun.lol

i dont wished to be buried/burned here,need my ashes returning home were one belongs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Some great places for sure,id like to teavel abit around usa,look,see.its wierd as soon as you do get on hol somewere,canada,portugal,spain,asia,i start missing things back here,and realise are countryside is beautiful.those dry,dusty,yellow countryside places.(portugal) get very boring compared to are greenery.canadas nice,although to go fishing with my boys a bit of paperwork,and a inch thick mag telling you were and how,when etc to fish,no a prob just observation...no ones said hellmand yet????

thats the usual BS canadian laws for hunting and fishing mate.

this is were canada starts to get under your skin.

road signs to tell you there will be road signs and hunting/fishing laws that are pure fckn schitt

fave hunting law "no person shall hunt from a windmill"

?

• Like 1

What Ted said...

I've been in the US for 10 years. It isn't England but neither is England anymore. I'll visit now and again but when people ask me what England is like I say that it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Looking back I don't miss being skint and being told what to do all the time.

7 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Full-time move might not be a great idea if you get homesick when you're on hols. It's an expensive do to immigrate. Maybe a rural a move a little further from where you are?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Guest Navek
16 hours ago, robertb123 said:

and no internet?

Wouldn’t need the internet to keep me entertained if I lived in Alaska 

plus im sure virgin media would find away get me some internet signal ??

4 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

What Ted said...

I've been in the US for 10 years. It isn't England but neither is England anymore. I'll visit now and again but when people ask me what England is like I say that it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Looking back I don't miss being skint and being told what to do all the time.

Full-time move might not be a great idea if you get homesick when you're on hols. It's an expensive do to immigrate. Maybe a rural a move a little further from where you are?

I ve lived in asia 10yrs before,never thought id come back to uk,but here i am.if i was single id be off like shot.

• Like 3