Hobs for Jobs

Guest vin

I got a great little clip the other day on iPhone. 

Ferret drags bunny up to the entrance of hole and then bunny does a flying bolt dragging the hob down the banking with the dogs following. 

I must have had hundreds of bunnies in similar circumstances this season.One of the younger hobs caught a bolter on top of the Warren the other day.

I have honestly lost count on how many times I have pulled bunnies from the entrance of holes with the hobs attached.

5aacdba2b14c4_flyingferret.-Copy.thumb.JPG.a6e543595027cb15ba18006a95fbfa61.JPG

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Epic capture Sir That ferret,...is a Master of his Trade,..and when I brought my bitch Dusty, back out, from her five years lay off, I was privileged to be allowed to handle him. He did not

I got use full hob he good at the rabbit game he big lad so cant do much ratting with him and I do a fair bit so gave him a whirl other night on the ratting pitch we do.   PUD

Cheers PUD

Posted Images

Epic capture Sir:clapper:

That ferret,...is a Master of his Trade,..and when I brought my bitch Dusty, back out, from her five years lay off, I was privileged to be allowed to handle him.

He did not let me down and provided us all, with some champion sport...:thumbs:

AK1A1432.thumb.JPG.4f98b14ea96cc2ad3838a4e545547002.JPG

• Like 9

Phil.  That ferret is "Chuckles" junior 1. 

Sons 2 and 3 are equally magnificent.

number 1 son is even chuckling whilst he kills his prey .... Sounds just like his daddy... I believe they scare the bunnies before they even meet em...lol 

He even watches the dogs and follows their mark on a warren...chip off the old block... if they get a hold of the bunny they don't let go..simples..they fly down like screaming banshees and don't come out until the job is over and done.. trouble is sometimes that can be so quick you literally have to follow them with the spade and locator..lol   I very very rarely have to put 2 of them into a warren at the same time.  I couldn't handle the pace.... lol.

Great pict mate , i love my hobs in the big sandy warrens its almost like you dont need nets they have the rabbit in the mouth of the burrow and there wrapped round them like a snake 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, The one said:

Great pict mate , i love my hobs in the big sandy warrens its almost like you dont need nets they have the rabbit in the mouth of the burrow and there wrapped round them like a snake 

Nets ?  whats them things ?   lol :laugh:

I can count on one hand the number of times I've used nets this season. I only use them for paid pesty jobs these days.

2 hours ago, socks said:

Put the clip up young man .....

It would be a waste of a good bit of educational material matey. . . I've slowed it down and it's incredible how many times the dogs strike at the bunny trying to avoid the ferret, At one point it's in Molly's mouth.But she doesn't crunch it.(the ferret that is ) I seriously need to get myself a proper high-quality video recorder. . . Damn shame I've only just realized I've been filming on my iPhone in HD 30fsp..when I could have had it set to HD60fps. 

33 minutes ago, TOMO said:

great pic....wish i could have been there to see it....:cray:

I do mate... it's been a long Winter up there on them big bankings digging away on my own. 

I'm just packing my teabags and stove now. Freezers need filling again.

Here's one of old Molly showing a bit of restraint...  

5ab01cb61ca35_flyingferret4-Copy.thumb.JPG.0f6d2a46a01ab3feb4acc99eca040fe3.JPG

The ferret was untouched and never let go of the bunny...lol.