Myth or not

A dog fighter is hated more than any individual except a peado. Why would they risk blowing their, and others, cover by breaking and entering and stealing any dogs never mind pedigrees. You would not in any way risk being nicked for it. 

I had this argument on a Facebook page....there was dozens of people getting so angry with me, they were convinced this bait dog bullshit was fact, but could offer no proof, it's just accepted as truth now. One mong was convinced spaniels were the popular bait dog as lurchers  and terriers were trained killers so could fight back.....im sure it was a countrysports page (full of shooters and fake country people) 

There are so many people out there now who believe they can just offer opinion as fact and it can't be argued against. It's weird, like they need to torture themselves with imagined horrors. 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 8

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A dog fighter is hated more than any individual except a peado. Why would they risk blowing their, and others, cover by breaking and entering and stealing any dogs never mind pedigrees. You would not

A spaniel would offer no fight at all, none. It'd be like bringing a digging dog on by letting it kill rabbits in a shed. f**k all sense in it. Most out and out terrierman I know don't even bother let

I'd break into a zoo an pinch a honey badger.....not a fckin cockapoo 

1 hour ago, Rabid said:

The one thing your all forgetting, dog fighting does still happen, there is some big money in it, granted it's not as widespread as made out, but don't you think those dogs need practise, wouldyou train them on a killer dog or a soft pooch ?

Training a fighting dog on a cocker spaniel would be like a profesional boxer practicing on a 3 year old or an oap.Surely if you're going to be betting money on a dog you'd want to know what it can do against something that can fight back.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Rabid said:

The one thing your all forgetting, dog fighting does still happen, there is some big money in it, granted it's not as widespread as made out, but don't you think those dogs need practise, wouldyou train them on a killer dog or a soft pooch ?

Do you think Tysoe sparred with primary school kids?

I get the bait dog thing , I really do 

butvthen again I get annoyed with this “fighting dogs “ shite . 

Its behind all the nonsense with shit people owning fat shit bull breeds and it’s an easy excuse to say it’s dog fighters looking for bait rather than people breeding for coin like 99% of dog owners 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Training a fighting dog on a cocker spaniel would be like a profesional boxer practicing on a 3 year old or an oap.Surely if you're going to be betting money on a dog you'd want to know what it can do against something that can fight back.

Agreed, but not all of them go straight in for the fight, if your bringing a gun dog on do you take it out on a shoot for it's very first outing, or do you start softly and do recall and retrieve work first ?

7 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Do you think Tysoe sparred with primary school kids?

And you think his first ever fight Was with a title belt holder I suppose, it's called training.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Agreed, but not all of them go straight in for the fight, if your bringing a gun dog on do you take it out on a shoot for it's very first outing, or do you start softly ?

And you think his first ever fight Was with a title belt holder I suppose, it's called training.

A spaniel would offer no fight at all, none. It'd be like bringing a digging dog on by letting it kill rabbits in a shed. f**k all sense in it. Most out and out terrierman I know don't even bother letting pups kill rats 'to bring them on'!

That dont mean some clueless little dick Asian isn't letting his boy tyson f**k other folks pets, but I don't believe in the bait dog thing generally. Just pathetic excuses for dog men that revel in their dog bullying. As has been said, cocker pups are going for 700 each easy and it's generally cockers getting knocked.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 8
5 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Agreed, but not all of them go straight in for the fight, if your bringing a gun dog on do you take it out on a shoot for it's very first outing, or do you start softly and do recall and retrieve work first ?

Well they don' train then like that, I get your point but they aren' started like that. Do you work dogs Rabid?

There is enough literature about pitdogs and dogfighting on the internet and in books.If you want to know how the dogs are started and schooled you're probably better off reading that rather than what some newspaper journalist has dreamed up or listening to what someone read on an RSPCA  page on Facebook.If you listened to everyone who's so called rescue dog had been used for bait there must be half a dozen dogfighting gangs in every town in the uk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Rabid said:

A boxer don't go out sparring old boys of 60 on the street......it don't do antin' for them....

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

A spaniel would offer no fight at all, none. It'd be like bringing a digging dog on by letting it kill rabbits in a shed. f**k all sense in it. Most out and out terrierman I know don't even bother letting pups kill rats 'to bring them on'!

That dont mean some clueless little dick Asian isn't letting his boy tyson f**k other folks pets, but I don't believe in the bait dog thing generally. Just pathetic excuses for dog men that revel in their dog bullying. As has been said, cocker pups are going for 700 each easy and it's generally cockers getting knocked.

No I agree, no fight at all, but some folk seem to think that's the way to start them.

i also agree it's most likely breeding that their getting nicked for.

1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

Well they don' train then like that, I get your point but they aren' started like that. Do you work dogs Rabid?

The gun dog point was a bit naff and in a rush as I was out the door shooting.

what I was getting at, not all fighting dogs and the so called 'owners' go 'pit on pit'.

I speak from experience, much to my disgust, a good few yrs ago I was unlucky enough to end up in a yard with someone, and the fella kept dogs, mostly for show/bravado/fighting to make him feel his cock was bigger than it probably was, his idea was to chuck lesser dogs into the one he was training, whether it was to excite his dog, give it a taste of blood, or just his own ego, I have no idea, but by all accounts it was a regular way of doing things.

yes I do work dogs, but most definitely not in that game, and nor would I wish to be associated with it in any way, it disgusts me.

1 hour ago, Flipper_Al said:

Geezer at work just paid £900 for a Cockerpoo... dumb fook :D

Agreed, but plenty of folk pay a shed load more than that for some ugly friggin useless dogs, each to their own I guess.

1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

What use would a cocker be to train pit bulls to fight 

In my opinion, none what so ever, but then I've never done it and don't agree with it.

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

There is enough literature about pitdogs and dogfighting on the internet and in books.If you want to know how the dogs are started and schooled you're probably better off reading that rather than what some newspaper journalist has dreamed up or listening to what someone read on an RSPCA  page on Facebook.If you listened to everyone who's so called rescue dog had been used for bait there must be half a dozen dogfighting gangs in every town in the uk

But we all know the internet must be right ?

Dont even get me started on the rspca, they mostly couldn't find their own arse to wipe it.

I would stab a guess, more likely half a dozen in the country.

1 hour ago, VOON said:

A boxer don't go out sparring old boys of 60 on the street......it don't do antin' for them....

We're not talking a trained and experienced boxer, or a 60yr old, your right, no boxer worth anything would even consider it, but maybe licenced boxers also have a few morals and standards unlike dog rings.

People keep saying they use them as bait dogs.

its bullshit ..there been robbed to be sold on for the puppy industry 

no one uses bait dogs ...except for them un educated afffrican Americans ..they seem to do that shit but then 90% of them keep there bull dogs in metal barrel with the front cut out and no bedding all year round 

Don't see what the point of letting a fighting dog loose on a cocker or any other pet.

Was like some greyhound men used to throw a live rabbit n the run.never seen the benefit. 

Now paying a wee backhander to the hare driver at the flapping track early Sunday morning  to tie a live rabbit on the hare rail. That did have it's benefits. ?

• Like 1