Log burner

? I'm gunna build a nice big harth for it 

I get a couple of Euro pallets every month at our shop, I've been saving them I have about 25 ish now all the same size so makes it easier

just going to make it up as I go, pallets for the main structure with old roofing tin and I might have to get some ply sheets or osb sheets  to line the outside as I'm going to use it for camping out aswell

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Basically, add wood to the fire and make note of when you have to leave the room/open the windows and doors/waft the smoke alarm. It's one less log than that.

It's a dog thing....

Totnes , Devon mate. Don't want any thing for it. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Arry said:

I have a Coalbrookdale Little Wenlock MK 1 multi fuel burner with a back boiler been outside under a tarp for about a year if anybody wants it come and get it. Its bloody heavy and would need one of them three wheel sack trucks to get it down my steps. Fitting instructions are inside it was used for two or three years from new.

The back boiler can be filled with sand iv'e been told if you don't want to use it, don't now if thats right.

Cheers Arry

Nice gesture Arry, them Wenlocks are decent all rounders and will last years.

Put up your location and i'm sure somone will come for it.

After ten ton of research (fecking easier choosing a car!) I have been dead keen on a Clearview BUT went to a showroon and got my head turned by a newcomer on the market called Clock... Very impressive stoves. So we'll see... ;)

1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

Nice gesture Arry, them Wenlocks are decent all rounders and will last years.

Put up your location and i'm sure somone will come for it.

Totnes , Devon mate. Don't want any thing for it.

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Greyman said:

I,m going for a simular design I have a small gas bottle and will put hinges on the square I cut out for the door and use a scaffold tube for a chimney might make a small ash drawer in the bottom if there's room, will probably be summer by the time I get it done but I,ll wack some pics up when it's done 

Can't see a scaffold tube been big enough mate. I made a Bbq very similiar and the tube is bigger than scaff tube but still not big enough.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Do they make them for different size barrels, as a 45 gallon drum will take up a lot of floor space ?

It says they fit 55 and 30 gallon barrels haven't seen any other size but I found a video on utube where a guy fits one to a smaller barrel he just has to trim the edge a bit so it sits flat

my barrel is a 45 gallon so I may have to adjust it a little and use some extra heat proof sealant if the flue collar isn't quite the right angle

16 hours ago, trapperman said:

It says they fit 55 and 30 gallon barrels haven't seen any other size but I found a video on utube where a guy fits one to a smaller barrel he just has to trim the edge a bit so it sits flat

my barrel is a 45 gallon so I may have to adjust it a little and use some extra heat proof sealant if the flue collar isn't quite the right angle

Sweet, thanks for the info, be nice if someone in the uk started making them recon there would be a good demand, 

19 hours ago, Rabid said:

Can't see a scaffold tube been big enough mate. I made a Bbq very similiar and the tube is bigger than scaff tube but still not big enough.

I think the length has a big bearing as much as the diameter, I know a lad that has made a tiny woodburner from a section of square channel and it draws fine though a scaffold tube, the French use 3" flu,s on there big stoves which would be illegal here but they seem to work, it's just my lads have a pile of bent poles in the yard so thought I,d use that maybe I,ll double it up like a side by side shotgun if I need more draw on it ? 

• Like 1