Parallax

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just kidding   It's all to do with focus at different ranges - a multipurpose set up that could be used, for example, for rats at 10yrds and rabbits at 45yrds, will give a better sight pictu

Also to add the better quality the glass, the less you have to worry about parallax generally, for instance I have a none AO Nikon scope on my .243 I am just as happy shooting at a fox 35 yards away a

Keeping this as basic and simple as I can. Paralax is about THE ANGLE AT WHICH YOU SEE AN OBJECT (IE. YOUR TARGET), RELATIVE TO YOUR POSITION AND DISTANCE TO IT..   Or in this case, the

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, walshie said:

Been giving this some thought. Does that mean that even high-end scopes that have a set parallax at say 100 yards, have a parallax error at distances other than that? 

yeah.. thats right, if its set at 100yrd its only 100% parallax free at 100yrd!

ive got scopes with fixed parallax and ive had to take the ring off at the front of the scope and adjust the lens to a happy medium for air rifle ranges!

not saying shooting deer and foxes at range is easy but when you've only got a sub 12 air rifle you need every bit of help you can get!

but a fixed 100 for a powder burner is a good happy medium 

5 minutes ago, walshie said:

I KIND of get the theory but I'll put it in the "don't need to know" category for now as my head is hurting. Cheers for trying to explain. :duh:

I'm life president of the "I don't do technical" club, mate............free membership is available !

Simplest demonstration of parallax I ever heard........

Hold a finger on each hand out, and line them up (with both eyes open) a foot or so apart, pointing upwards. Now close one eye, and their position appear to shift. Change eyes and they 'move' again. If they're far enough apart, they appear to change positions from left to right..........

How does that translate to rifle sights ?

F*** knows !

14 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Simplest demonstration of parallax I ever heard........

Hold a finger on each hand out, and line them up (with both eyes open) a foot or so apart, pointing upwards. Now close one eye, and their position appear to shift. Change eyes and they 'move' again. If they're far enough apart, they appear to change positions from left to right..........

How does that translate to rifle sights ?

F*** knows !

The best explanation I read was if you're driving a car and see the speedo at 60mph, to the passenger it looks like a different speed due to where he's sitting.

As I never shoot from the passenger seat, I can't see how that applies. :laugh:

1 minute ago, bigmac 97kt said:

8P8P8Pfeck me what happened to,,,,, gun,,,,,, ammo,,,, aim,,,, shoot,,,, put it in the bag and move on to the next one

:blink::icon_eek::blink:

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Exactly! That's what I get for reading this section too much. :D