356 replies to this topic

#46 pesky1972

pesky1972

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:57 pm

You normally take delight in disagreeing with others on here. Even if I don't agree with your views a lot of the time, your comments usually have the merit of being well thought out. Your comment above was nothing short of disgusting in the wake of a tragedy like this.

If I really have to answer your questions - No, I don't think there is any need for automatic weapons either for home defence or hunting. That still doesn't make it acceptable for someone with a weapon he may or may not have held legally to do what he did. 

Whether or not you have sympathy for the Americans doesn't even come into this. 

You can be disgusted at my comments..., and I'll be disgusted that a nation's attitude to guns and their government's continuing impotence at protecting it's own citizens.  

• k99yle likes this

#47 pesky1972

pesky1972

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:01 pm

Innocent people who want to maintain their freedoms, which gives people with harmful intent opportunity to do harm.

Americans believe they should have the freedom to keep arms, which means bad people more easily get their hands on them. You seem to say serves them right. Likewise, young girls want to go out scantily dressed at night which makes rapists jobs much easier. Serves them right too?

Regards the short skirts analogy..., you're much better than that BH so I won't even dignify that with an answer. I understand that people want to maintain their rights but the facts are that guns kill more people in the US than they protect. Wouldn't you agree? And would you like the same gun laws here in the UK?

#48 walshie

walshie

"English Dai"

• 15,702 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:04 pm

You normally take delight in disagreeing with others on here. Even if I don't agree with your views a lot of the time, your comments usually have the merit of being well thought out. Your comment above was nothing short of disgusting in the wake of a tragedy like this.

If I really have to answer your questions - No, I don't think there is any need for automatic weapons either for home defence or hunting. That still doesn't make it acceptable for someone with a weapon he may or may not have held legally to do what he did. 

Whether or not you have sympathy for the Americans doesn't even come into this. 

You can be disgusted at my comments..., and I'll be disgusted that a nation's attitude to guns and their government's continuing impotence at protecting it's own citizens.  

Thank you. I am disgusted.

#49 keepdiggin

keepdiggin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:07 pm

time for a holiday for that man walshie

• Jo riley likes this

#50 ChrisJones

ChrisJones

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:07 pm

This is currently the most reliable source on the shooting. It is developing and is being updated frequently. Current is 58 dead, 515 injured.

#51 Joe777

Joe777

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:10 pm

Tragic, I'm pro guns but I think the NRA has got to tighten up regulation, if law abiding , mentally stable citizens can access weapons and prove competence then it's not really affecting their civil rights.
  • baker boy likes this

#52 Born Hunter

Born Hunter

Quantum Reality Hunter

• Members
  • 10,461 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:11 pm

Innocent people who want to maintain their freedoms, which gives people with harmful intent opportunity to do harm.

Americans believe they should have the freedom to keep arms, which means bad people more easily get their hands on them. You seem to say serves them right. Likewise, young girls want to go out scantily dressed at night which makes rapists jobs much easier. Serves them right too?

Regards the short skirts analogy..., you're much better than that BH so I won't even dignify that with an answer. I understand that people want to maintain their rights but the facts are that guns kill more people in the US than they protect. Wouldn't you agree? And would you like the same gun laws here in the UK?

No I'm not better than that. It's a direct and fair comparison on the principle behind your argument.

The 2A isn't there to protect home owners, it's there to protect democracy! Have you read it?

And yes I would rather live under 2A than without it.
  • ChrisJones, walshie, delswal and 1 other like this

#53 Joe777

Joe777

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:12 pm

Don't think the link works chris

#54 ChrisJones

ChrisJones

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:14 pm

Don't think the link works chris

It's working okay here but here's the long hand version... http://www.npr.org/s...stival-shooting

Las Vegas Sun also https://lasvegassun.com/

Edited by ChrisJones, 02 October 2017 - 04:15 pm.

#55 scothunter

scothunter

Super Duper Stormtrooper

• Donator
  • 22,059 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:16 pm

Oh dear this old argument again lol
  • Born Hunter and Accip74 like this

#56 ChrisJones

ChrisJones

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:17 pm

The 2A isn't there to protect home owners, it's there to protect democracy! Have you read it?

And yes I would rather live under 2A than without it.

It's the teeth and the claws that protect the bill of rights. Everyone bleats on about free speech but the yanks honour the right to fight for it.
  • Born Hunter likes this

#57 Accip74

Accip74

Hardcore Belgian Ale Drinker, so there..

• Members
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:33 pm

Who here has actually read the 2nd amendment?

I'm getting the tattoo, you've convinced me! Haha.....
  • ChrisJones and Born Hunter like this

#58 WILF

WILF

The "Memphis" of shooting

• Members
  • 13,734 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:36 pm

You can put a number on how many people guns kill but it's ludicrous to say you can put a number on how many they protect!!.......I mean, what should people do?.....come home and phone up the national statistics office and say "hi, I didn't get robbed or killed today"
Be anti gun by all means mate but don't be stupid !

#59 WILF

WILF

• Members
  • 13,734 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:39 pm

theres no need for regular folk owning a machine gun though....

But there IS a need for them to be free to own one if they want to mate ;)
  • staffs riffraff and W. Katchum like this

#60 WILF

WILF

• Members
  • 13,734 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:41 pm

By the way, how many people got stabbed to death last week........dangerous things in the wrong hands them knives you know ;)
  • ChrisJones, Born Hunter, Kay and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users