Warning

I belonged to a small shoot, putting down 300 poults. The syndicate members carried out the feeding and vermin control and were successfully doing so, until one night some person(s) decided to kill all the roosting birds with flirter and ball bearings. Also on this occasion carcasses were left lying where they had fallen. How 'long way off' is this from stealing your dog?

How on earth is poaching and thieving the same in your mind? Firstly if they are leaving game down they didn't Nick it either ;) and if your grudge is about your polts that got it with ball bearings then that was dog men unless dogs have learnt how to shoot now as well. It's just not the same maybe you think it is but if most others are saying your way out on that view it must be you not everyone else that is wrong.

How do you know it was dog lads.

Was ment to say that isn't dog men unless dogs have learnt to shoot. My point is that he's put his point in at a thread aimed at dog men so is he saying it was dog men that done his polts as well?

• Like 1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NOTHING will ever stop keen hunting men from freelancing.... Lads have been taking illicit game since early times,..those who seek to protect their interests, have tried many dark and devious ways t

Sorry mate had a cracking night though !!

Ffs it will be like a rave with the amount of lamps that's going to be flashing now you've posted that parkings going to be a bitch.

Posted Images

Going slightly off topic but in an effort to illustrate how people take a different slant on things.

On several of the Rivers in this country, associations, clubs and landowners are making serious financial investment and carrying out major improvements to try and improve dwindling migratory fish stocks. You then have various boat and canoeing associations who state that they have an absolute right of access to the water at any time including spawning time. Now the one group financially invests in the River and Licences and the other group makes little or indeed no financial contribution. Neither group accepts the other groups point of view, but who is in fact right?

Returning to this subject, someone going on another persons land in order to take birds, Deer etc for the sport or financial gain..................is different?...................why is it?

Going slightly off topic but in an effort to illustrate how people take a different slant on things.

On several of the Rivers in this country, associations, clubs and landowners are making serious financial investment and carrying out major improvements to try and improve dwindling migratory fish stocks. You then have various boat and canoeing associations who state that they have an absolute right of access to the water at any time including spawning time. Now the one group financially invests in the River and Licences and the other group makes little or indeed no financial contribution. Neither group accepts the other groups point of view, but who is in fact right?

Returning to this subject, someone going on another persons land in order to take birds, Deer etc for the sport or financial gain..................is different?...................why is it?

Because my dogs are part of the family pet/worker and when he walks into another persons property he's still mine pheasants deer and other wild animals are wild no matter who looks after them they are wild animals unless you have a deer in your garden named lucky
  • Like 1

I belonged to a small shoot, putting down 300 poults. The syndicate members carried out the feeding and vermin control and were successfully doing so, until one night some person(s) decided to kill all the roosting birds with flirter and ball bearings. Also on this occasion carcasses were left lying where they had fallen. How 'long way off' is this from stealing your dog?

How on earth is poaching and thieving the same in your mind? Firstly if they are leaving game down they didn't Nick it either ;) and if your grudge is about your polts that got it with ball bearings then that was dog men unless dogs have learnt how to shoot now as well. It's just not the same maybe you think it is but if most others are saying your way out on that view it must be you not everyone else that is wrong.

How do you know it was dog lads.

Was ment to say that isn't dog men unless dogs have learnt to shoot. My point is that he's put his point in at a thread aimed at dog men so is he saying it was dog men that done his polts as well?

My point is certainly not aimed at dogmen. There are a number of very raw subjects that are regularly featured on this forum, two I have touched upon. I was asking a genuine question which seems to have been misinterpreted.

Because my dogs are part of the family pet/worker and when he walks into another persons property he's still mine pheasants deer and other wild animals are wild no matter who looks after them they are wild animals unless you have a deer in your garden named lucky

People seem to misunderstand what exactly belongs to who in the eye's of the Law. Wild animals do not belong to anyone, correct. But the right to hunt them does! When you kill a deer etc without permission you have taken that opportunity from the lawful owner of the sporting rights. That person may or may not also have invested resources into that wild stock to improve/increase it, meaning what is there is a direct result of their efforts.

Thems a' the facts, now argue amongst ya selves. LOL

Edited by Born Hunter

ow on e

Listen up bonny lad,...I can understand your anger at losing a few pheasants,...I have been on both sides of the fence, so I do get where you are coming from :yes:

However,..this is not the site on which to talk silly bollocks, about killing a man's dog... :censored:

Poaching can get a fellow involved in a few fisticuffs, even end in him doing some time, but, if you are captured, after deliberately killing a man's jukel,.it will be emotional :whistling:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 5

ow on e

Listen up bonny lad,...I can understand your anger at losing a few pheasants,...I have been on both sides of the fence, so I do get where you are coming from :yes:

However,..this is not the site on which to talk silly bollocks, about killing a man's dog... :censored:

Poaching can get a fellow involved in a few fisticuffs, even end in him doing some time, but, if you are captured, after deliberately killing a man's jukel,.it will be emotional :whistling:

Is this on the right thread?

Fair play to you fellah,...my sincere apologies,..you have not advocated killing a man's canine partner,..and that is a good thing... :yes:

However, you still cannot seem to differentiate, twixt the taking of a poxy game bird or a silly fecking wild deer, to the theft of a man's much-loved pal...

Like a rabid anti-hunting vegan, there is not much point in trying to convince you of the error of your ways,...so,..we will just have to agree to differ... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 6

Just because you pay for shooting rights does not mean you own WILD ANIMALS. You have bought the right to shoot over land that has deer that use it.

As for thinking killing pheasants is the same as going in and stealing a dog well feck me... I know it's some dumb people on here, but don't try and sound intelligent while speaking pure shit.

• Like 1

Yip and the man that owns it.

i agree but in principle it's the same.

Not the same as ewes and lamb is some man's living and if a dog is doing that the person who's dog it is is the only one to blame for not stock braking or not being responsible and taking it somewhere where it's able to do so.