Ranieri Sacked

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What annoys me about something like this is the simple fact that a respected football manager has been penalised for achieving !....lets have it right shitty 2 bob managers like Allardyce,Hughes,Parde

Champions last year, last 16 of champions league this year, an away goal to Seville.......rich oddmarks owning football clubs who know f**k all about football.......clubs like that (not the fans mind

Are you really going to compare what ranieri did last year to any of the titles Mourinho got brought at chelski? The difference between the two winning the premier league is huge mate. Ranieri was nev

Well I think it was a fluke. What happened was a run off good form combined with lots of luck. Then when they got a bit of momentum and things were looking like they could win the league they played well, digged deep and played for each other. The fans and I might add the rest of the country was willing them on and they pulled off an amazing achievement.

This season things changed and they are just back to the Leicester we pretty much all know.

On his CL run alone I think he should keep his job this season never mind the heroics of last.

Cut throat business football.

You can't fluke a 38 game season mate, although I agree it was a one off that was never going to be anywhere near defended.. I think its a c***s trick to sack him now, especially with the team half way through a last 16 champions league tie..

seems the players went to the board and this is the result.

I reckon the players all thought they'd be playing at Real Madrid and Barca after they won the title last year, went to their heads..

Don't know what players went to the board but if you take Vardy, he is at the age where any striker will be enjoying the best form he will ever get to, forget goals scored, I mean physical form.....its all downhill from here.

I'd have been having a look at where they are in the CL (with a league winners medal already in the bag) and thinking "I don't want my manager going anywhere"

If it was the players, then they are idiots !

Well I think it was a fluke. What happened was a run off good form combined with lots of luck. Then when they got a bit of momentum and things were looking like they could win the league they played well, digged deep and played for each other. The fans and I might add the rest of the country was willing them on and they pulled off an amazing achievement.

This season things changed and they are just back to the Leicester we pretty much all know.

On his CL run alone I think he should keep his job this season never mind the heroics of last.

Cut throat business football.

You can't fluke a 38 game season mate, although I agree it was a one off that was never going to be anywhere near defended.. I think its a c***s trick to sack him now, especially with the team half way through a last 16 champions league tie..
Fluke might be the wrong word mate but call it what you like lots of luck and other top sides not performing to there best is what it was.

You won't get an argument from me oh hos sacking mate...disgusting it is.

He should have atleast been allowed this season and see how next goes. Really they are no better than a mid table side at very best.

If they stay up but have an equally bad season next year the fans would then be asking questions.

• Like 1

I was speaking to a mate about Vardy end of last season, we both thought that it was a bit of a one off, he's a decent enough player but was really on a roll that kept going...

I think they missed a trick not selling him, Arsenal were prepared to pay big money... Kante is the big loss, he is quality..

Like MAlt said though, it certainly wasn't fluke, he set his side up to be very hard to beat and hit on quick counters... can't remember the stats but I know they were only having 30% or so possession in a lot of games and still winning... the prem teams have figured it now and they can't get it going, that tactic wont last forever....

Seems like the European teams are still struggling to work it out though....

Football is a results business, no doubt at all.... but I think if ever some loyalty should have been shown it was in this instance.

• Like 1

From someone who knows............

Leicester City have finally sacked Claudio Ranieri, as it seems was inevitable. Once the players were given their big, new, long term contracts in the summer to keep them at the club, the only easy change was the manager. There truly is no sentimentality in football!

A bunch of spoilt primadonnas have downed tools to get a genuinely nice and decent man the sack. Sometimes it is difficult to like football, when you see cheating little scumbags like Joey Barton being rewarded with big money deals and spots on the BBC, while Ranieri suffers the indignity of performing a minor miracle one season, only to pick up his P45 the next.

You have to question why, even when it was blatantly obvious from the beginning of the season that the effort of the players had dropped a good 5-10% over last season, that it was not made clear by the board that the manager would be backed over them? Football is far too quick to chop and change managers in the modern era, when that is not always the right answer.

When you reward bad behaviour by giving in to it, like the Foxes' board have just done, then you reinforce it. You are telling the players it is ok not to bother putting in 100%, so how can you expect them to suddenly up their performances? Even if they do, how long will it be before they next throw their toys out of the pram?

It also must be said that Leicester have just lost an awful lot of goodwill built up over the course of last season. The 'fairytale' is no more. Or maybe it is and Claudio Ranieri is Cinderella and the players have turned out to be the ugly sisters after all?

• Like 1

What annoys me about something like this is the simple fact that a respected football manager has been penalised for achieving !....lets have it right shitty 2 bob managers like Allardyce,Hughes,Pardew etc are rewarded year in year out with great contracts at clubs for winning absolutely f**k all yet Ranieri achieves the impossible and is punished for it.....had Leicester finished 17th last year instead of champions he would still be in a job now it just go,s against everything sport should be about.

• Like 7

It may not feel like it today for Ranieri ,but its the best thing that could of happened to him ,a manager of his stature shouldn't of been at Leicester in the first place ,it was a coup for the club to get him ,he has now got a title on his c.v and avoids the possible ignominy of taking them down ,he will be at another big club in the summer with reputation intact a talented manager who is also a decent man ...rara Avis nowadays ..I don't know how the owner came to that decision but not only has he shot himself in the foot ,he has lost all the goodwill the press and neutral fans had for the club .

• Like 3

Gnasher, got to disagree with one thing you say, if they finished 17th last season and this term sit where they are then I do think hes got to get the sack,, Last year he did somethink I still can't understand how, truly great, be interesting to see what happens over next 12 months.

Nowt wrong with Jose this season apart from kicking a water bottle and the odd moan, so far hehehe. Seeker makes the good point of everybody wants it all in 24,hours.

I'm talking about wearing a Ranieri tracksuit and going on about him when it was Ranieri getting sacked after a decent season what gave him the job at chelski