Smallest Working Patterdales

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd give my right nut for another one like her, small enough to get there, strong enough to do the job

There wasn't a fox safe in the country, she's 12 years old now and still does her bit, priceless.

Small enough to get and strong enough to stay.atb dc

Posted Images

But doesn't a small dog with a lot of bollocks tend to get more shite than a stronger dog with a lot of bollocks just a question not a statement

if its smart and takes a side head hold or a hold where it takes no hurt, some dogs have the knack but they can get trailed about a bit, for smaller dogs some work smart

Not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog

"Not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog," BUT THAT'S THE WAY TO BET, is the other part of that old saying.

Personally I think for terrierwork you should use the biggest terrier you can get away with.

• Like 5

There's small and strong and there's small and weak, the question was what's the smallest.

I've got a small bitch here that's as small as I'd ever want to go, she's small but strong and heavy, weighing in at just shy of twenty pounds.

• Like 6

Depends if you want to dig hound marks to 3/4 grown cub foxes in tight spots in September you need a smallish dog or if it's a more educated quarry that's been dug 5 or 6 times before You need a dog with a bit of strength Different dogs for different jobs. An average size dog might be more versatile if it has the minerals

• Like 3

a wee russel we had yrs ago real small worked everything for yrs.them big black things about now would have been laughed out yrs ago

It's amazing how any Irish man who was digging years ago you speak too had a small Jack Russell years ago that would have put ANY Fell terrier to shame with it's legendary ability to stay all day on the hardest of Foxes and Badgers.

Where are they now ?

• Like 4

a wee russel we had yrs ago real small worked everything for yrs.them big black things about now would have been laughed out yrs ago

It's amazing how any Irish man who was digging years ago you speak too had a small Jack Russell years ago that would have put ANY Fell terrier to shame with it's legendary ability to stay all day on the hardest of Foxes and Badgers.

Where are they now ?

dead..it was yrs ago..........our dogs run the streets back then nobody was thinking of lines you just bred em when you n yer mates wanted a pup.

• Like 1