Sign in to follow this  
mattyg

Best Of The Bunch?

Looking for people's opinions, good and bad on the usual suspects......l200,Navara,Ranger,Isuzu,hilux.

May possibly have 5/6k on somthing, am I pissing in the wind or are they worth a punt?

Cheers, Matt

Had them all and would go Isuzu every time now unless the truck was going to be used 70% off road then I would go hilux .......

• Like 2

Could you give a little more information about your experiences of reliability of the iszuzu cost of any repairs and mpg

I currently have a ford ranger which has been reliable apart from re occurring egr valve issue which mechanic says is the most common fault on all vehicles by far.

Just had it stripped cleaned and refitted.

Currently getting about 30 mpg.

Could you give a little more information about your experiences of reliability of the iszuzu cost of any repairs and mpg

I currently have a ford ranger which has been reliable apart from re occurring egr valve issue which mechanic says is the most common fault on all vehicles by far.

better off blanking the egr. Cleaner engine and less hassle.
  • Like 1

I've always championed L200 but just had recon engine in an 05 due to cracked block .Be a change next time for sure as it put me back 3k .

• Like 1

Cheaper to buy another truck fd, I like my ranger but them Isuzu have a great name with the lads who run heavy commercials, socks on here really rates them atb Flacko

I would stay well clear of Isuzu dmax just got rid of mine biggest pile of shit I have ever had, got Toyota hylux far better truck.

I would stay well clear of Isuzu dmax just got rid of mine biggest pile of shit I have ever had, got Toyota hylux far better truck.

What was wrong with it, the dmax is one of the next ones I have been considering early next year.

• Like 1

Which ranger do you have ? I have the limited 3.2 and lucky if I get 25/26mpg

Clutch went 18000 door locks 20000 ignition 25000 the pile of shit would not start on and off up to 50000,bit of luck got nicked at 53000 made my day good riddance to bad rubbish.

I have a 2007 2.5tdci.

It had 114000 on when i baught it and apart from egr valve has been no issue pulls quad up to dales like its not there and a comfy ride.

looking to blank egr as has been mentioned more trouble than its worth putting on the warning light which without taking it to garage you do not know that.

I think every one would agree the hilux is possibly the best in class but the second hand value is just too much.