Marking Dogs

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't you just love them prefer a silent Mark so you can ferret it right away don't net any more just bolt for the dogs have 2 young dogs that are getting use to ferreting now and also doing a silent

The bedlington marked as soon as he was out after his jabs. 10 in jan up to date never told lies.

Posted Images

My wee beddy whippet bitch is very subtle at marking sometimes. You would miss it if you werent watching her. She has a smell around the burrows, if she has second sniff there is something home but its deep in the burrow, then other times if a rabbit is not so deep and is closer to the burrow entrance she will try go down after it. never been wrong yet.

• Like 1

Don't you just love them prefer a silent Mark so you can ferret it right away don't net any more just bolt for the dogs have 2 young dogs that are getting use to ferreting now and also doing a silent Mark bruce is just a stare like a point attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1478454241624.jpgwe bell just stands and looks at you then the burrow attachicon.gif20161104_064731.jpgwe tess is just obvious a blatant starred won't move until you shout on her she's a great we ferreting dogattachicon.gifFB_IMG_1472577978174.jpg

Lucky b I have to drag the brown bitch out the hole 1/2 the time ... :laugh:

Nice dogs. but I wouldn't want mine siting whilst waiting. Like em standing so they can get on there toes quickly. Not a dig?

Don't you just love them prefer a silent Mark so you can ferret it right away don't net any more just bolt for the dogs have 2 young dogs that are getting use to ferreting now and also doing a silent Mark bruce is just a stare like a point attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1478454241624.jpgwe bell just stands and looks at you then the burrow attachicon.gif20161104_064731.jpgwe tess is just obvious a blatant starred won't move until you shout on her she's a great we ferreting dogattachicon.gifFB_IMG_1472577978174.jpg

Lucky b I have to drag the brown bitch out the hole 1/2 the time ... :laugh:

Nice dogs. but I wouldn't want mine siting whilst waiting. Like em standing so they can get on there toes quickly. Not a dig

All good mate, that bitch gets very excited and sticks her head in the holes she is quick to move knows that game

• Like 1

In an area where rabbits are thin on the ground, a good marking dog can add quite a few bunny's to the bag over the course of the season.

Just wish they'd stop marking the burys in thick cover, because we're getting too old for crawling about in the brambles!

attachicon.gifDSC01755.jpg

How much collie in your dog stockpot ? atb

In an area where rabbits are thin on the ground, a good marking dog can add quite a few bunny's to the bag over the course of the season.

Just wish they'd stop marking the burys in thick cover, because we're getting too old for crawling about in the brambles!

How much collie in your dog stockpot ? atb

Not enough ! :laugh:

Don't know exact %'s, just worker to worker bred, mix of sheepdog, whippet and greyhound, with a possible slug of something else.

If I'm honest, for what I do nowadays a straight Collie would probably do me just fine.

Same as me then stockpot ferreting with nets in woodland and scrub a collie would do me. :thumbs:

• Like 5

eh, to old, no matter where my dog marks, im in there

• Like 1

My old kelpie bitch is a tad under 18" and thinks she's a whippet x terrier. I've lost her for a quarter of an hour or so a few times and then found her by following the sound of grunting as she tried to chew her way through a root with only the tip of her tail still showing. Fortunately she seemed to know it was different when I had a box of ferrets with us...then she just stared alternately between me and the bury.

• Like 1

my pup is about 7 months old and is marking realy well, hes been out about 4 times with me ferreting and every time he has marked sets we have had rabbits, (besides 2,,, and both have been the first sets weve come across when getting onto the land),, excitement probably,, ) he's a sprocker x russel,workes great and is sound with ferrets & livestock

post-73370-0-69183600-1479840158.jpg

post-73370-0-23268700-1479840243_thumb.jpg

• Like 11