Unusual Roadkill.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously they have fallen victim to the prey drive of the 101st airgun brigade at some point  I dread to think what those pictures were like, a green parakeet held up by a 48 year old fork lift

My mate got one with his catapult today,he gets quite a few.  

There are loads of them in Kent and Essex , the fruit farmers hate the bloody things ..they are on the general licence along with the monk parakeet ..which apparently are worse than the ring neck for

Posted Images

Wow quite a lot there,you would think they would get hammered a lot by the corvids and native bops and numbers would not get so big?

seen sparrow hawks pursuing parakeets several times,never saw the culmination of the chase however,also seen groups of them mobbing crows,and magpies.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 20:43, sussex said:

Talking of unusual road kill see this little fella today ..post-81636-0-19749400-1497123791.jpg

Edited to say the ring neck parakeet is on the general licence ..

user406701_pic1816818_1515787517.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3
On 20/09/2016 at 22:11, jonnie bravo said:

Some round here too. A bit exotic looking! I'm sure I've seen an airgun article or similar on controlling them?

Obviously they have fallen victim to the prey drive of the 101st airgun brigade at some point 

I dread to think what those pictures were like, a green parakeet held up by a 48 year old fork lift driver in full realtree , almost invisible against his surroundings, using a cattle trough to shoot over . 

Carp fishermen with pellets 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
21 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

, a green parakeet held up by a 48 year old fork lift driver in full realtree , almost invisible against his surroundings, using a cattle trough to shoot over . 

My pic pales into insignificance,a green parakeet taken with home-poured lead ammo held up by a 5 year old in full ralph lauren in Windsor :laugh:

There used to be a guy called Jess Galen?American in florida,wrote at times for the airgun mags,he did an article once shooting tiny 6 inch lizards with FAC Sheridan airguns?But he posed alongside his prey in horrendous Hawaiian shirts and shorts :blink: for some reason that pic has stuck in my mind,maybe a false memory but I think not.

Edited by mackem
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, mackem said:

user406701_pic1816818_1515787517.jpeg.jpg

There seems to be a bit of an agenda to push the mustelid population at the moment, first otters turned out everywhere,polecats seem to be popping up in places not seen for years, I caught 10 on trail cams last year, and the pine martin  seems next on the agenda, trouble is most of them depend on rabbits which are in decline in many area,s , another worrying thing I notice is your mate seems to be a little girl ?  

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

There seems to be a bit of an agenda to push the mustelid population at the moment, first otters turned out everywhere,polecats seem to be popping up in places not seen for years, I caught 10 on trail cams last year, and the pine martin  seems next on the agenda, trouble is most of them depend on rabbits which are in decline in many area,s , another worrying thing I notice is your mate seems to be a little girl ?  

No,whats worrying is you think my mates son is a small girl :whistling: