Photo
- - - - -

Level 2 Cert In Pest Management/control Course.

Best Answer moxy , 17 December 2015 - 10:49 pm

Your right Phil I think Tomo has been grooming young Nottzhunter for my job as assistant ferret wrangler..
I have become a part timer this winter..My poor dogs and ferts have been sadly neglected whilst I have been doing my training etc etc.

I'm ready to get back out on the bunnies again now though ... So you better get that BnB booked ASAP. :yes:

You've another day over my way before you sign up to any swingers weekend at a sordid B&B Young man!! Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16 myersbg

myersbg

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 543 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:55 pm

:hmm: Well I've no fecking sympathy for you,..out every night,..at the Discoteque (or wherever it is you youngsters go to )..abusing your body,..drinking and womanising :censored: . 

Perhaps try staying in occasionally,.and buckling down to your studies,...instead of burning the candle at both ends :yes: 

You should think of the future,...cos you don't want to end up like me,.. now do ya :thumbs: 

ABSOLUTELY !!!

#17 vin

vin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:40 pm

:hmm: Well I've no fecking sympathy for you,..out every night,..at the Discoteque (or wherever it is you youngsters go to )..abusing your body,..drinking and womanising :censored: . 

Perhaps try staying in occasionally,.and buckling down to your studies,...instead of burning the candle at both ends :yes: 

You should think of the future,...cos you don't want to end up like me,.. now do ya :thumbs: 

I like ta Boogie ! I'm a dancing fool. :boogy:

You know that If I fail I'll be gutted. So I have been doing lots of homework and probably learning things that are irrelevant to the Course or the Examination. . . My head is full and it hurts. . I have lost sleep worrying about questions that I've got wrong in practice tests etc etc. :blink:

• Phil Lloyd likes this

#18 Phil Lloyd

Phil Lloyd

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:01 pm

You'll be right... :thumbs: 

• vin likes this

#19 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 14,672 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:51 pm

I like ta Boogie ! I'm a dancing fool. :boogy:

You know that If I fail I'll be gutted. So I have been doing lots of homework and probably learning things that are irrelevant to the Course or the Examination. . . My head is full and it hurts. . I have lost sleep worrying about questions that I've got wrong in practice tests etc etc. :blink:

Sounds like you'll probably fail then ... oh well never mind back to bouncing in mothercare .........
  • TOMO and vin like this

#20 sprockerjay

sprockerjay

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:45 pm

Vin are you doing the on line course

#21 Rowan

Rowan

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:18 pm

Don't get yourself wound up mate , even with all the mock papers you can find you will never come across all the questions that may be set . I took mine in early April , if you have done any sort of pest control before you will almost certainly , maybe, could just about , possibly pass ?????????????

As said before a lot of it is general common sense , yes there is some legislation, but if you've done the course and stayed awake you will p!ss it .

GOOD LUCK.

#22 J Darcy

J Darcy

Gimplet

• Donator
  • 13,027 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:25 pm

Are there many advantages to gaining these qualifications?

#23 Phil Lloyd

Phil Lloyd

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:34 pm

"Times , they are a-Changin".. :yes: 

Edited by Phil Lloyd, 17 December 2015 - 02:40 am.

#24 Chicken_man

Chicken_man

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:34 pm

One question that got me was....'which native insect can be confused with bedbugs?'

And the answer is ?  
A guess - shield bug?

#25 DIDO.1

DIDO.1

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:36 pm

I put Martin bug and the bites may be confused with fleas. Not a clue what the answer was?

#26 vin

vin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:21 am

I did the exam last Friday chaps..
Cannot say it was easy.

Just got to wait at least 6 weeks to find out now if I passed or not.
Good thing is that if I do fail any one of the 3 sections .. I can re-sit that part again.

The bedbug question got me too chaps.. I guessed at cockroach .. Lol. I knew it was wrong .

Thanks everyone
  • Phil Lloyd likes this

#27 TOMO

TOMO

Ginsters Chief Tester

• Members
  • 15,570 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:14 am

Are there many advantages to gaining these qualifications?

Of course there are ,,,otherwise your just a cowboy....
  • fellman and vin like this

#28 Phil Lloyd

Phil Lloyd

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:56 am

:hmm: I think you had best start advertising for another ferreting partner Tomo...

I've seen the effect, that a Red Rust Grain Beetle has on a man,...and when they start on about Pharaoh Ants,.well,..they are half way to becoming,. lost souls. :yes: 

It can take over your life,..the subject is so vast, so all consuming...

When you mention trapping a genuine Black Rat from the London docklands, some tyros go all gooey eyed,....and being involved in a massive Cockroach job,..fair sets their pulses racing..

Dear Vin is well hooked on being a Pest Control Officer ...he is obsessed with bugs ! 

I've even seen his made to measure uniform,...kept in pristine condition,..hung on a hanger in the wardrobe would ya believe,...and what about that special Identity Card..

He thinks he is Jason fecking Bourne.... :icon_eek: 

You'll not see him on a rabbit warren again,..mark my words... :thumbs: 

Edited by Phil Lloyd, 17 December 2015 - 05:09 pm.

• TOMO, vin, sprockerjay and 1 other like this

#29 TOMO

TOMO

Ginsters Chief Tester

• Members
  • 15,570 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:06 pm

Lol at Phil ,,,by feck your right,,,he's sat in that truck driving and constantly banging on about,,,this insect or this mouse,,,
  • vin and sprockerjay like this

#30 stormyboy

stormyboy

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:21 pm

WAY more lucrative than standing over a rabbit burrow.....not as much fun though. :D  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users