Help Identifying Needed ( Dog Kills Neighbours Chickens)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think your wrong to blame them cos they were not penned, how far do you need to take security for a few birds, when they are in your yard, you expect them to be safe from outside influences. If they

£150 is expensive to replace the birds, but a small price to keep the harmony.

Hope it goes ok rew.   Personally I don't think you had to explain yourself like about chilling with mates having a smoke - that's no ones business but your own, I give you credit for answering eve

Posted Images

Dont forget to factor in "loss of eggs" into the £150, 3 eggs a day X`s 14 days at £1.50 for half dozen = £10.50 :laugh:

Honestly Rew, pay the dough and forget about it. It`ll sting, but thats what makes lessons learnt. They could have been right c**ts about it at the end of the day, caused you some right problems... You cant really replace them, I would want to pick my own stock for starters, not brought round some random chooks from fook knows where. If they will take birds, then take them a bottle too as you got off light.

• Like 4

I'd pay the money and take it as a lesson. Could have been worse and they could have came out and hit your dog on the head.

• Like 4

Dont forget to factor in "loss of eggs" into the £150, 3 eggs a day X`s 14 days at £1.50 for half dozen = £10.50 :laugh:

Honestly Rew, pay the dough and forget about it. It`ll sting, but thats what makes lessons learnt. They could have been right c**ts about it at the end of the day, caused you some right problems... You cant really replace them, I would want to pick my own stock for starters, not brought round some random chooks from fook knows where. If they will take birds, then take them a bottle too as you got off light.

yeah 100%.. some folk could of/would of took that on further and caused 101 problems for you. It could of been worse, Jesus imagine it'd been rare breeds or something oh dearo been asking for a grand never mind 150!

Anyways hope you get sorted and all ends well. Will you give us an update on what happens :)

• Like 1

You wanna do yourself a favour pal. tight arse anit the word dont want car insureance dont want vet insureance dont want to go and pick a freezer that was giving to free of charge that would cost you a £10 in fuel now your dogs killed someones chickens get a f***ing grip pay them hat they want your allways looking for a out look or chaep escape your a joke as a young lad smoke more weed and film it with yor pal bike here lamp there get a full time job you full time let down

• Like 4

Love this kind of topic. Some years ago I was at Canwell Show running a Lab.A geezer came up and asked me how long I'd been gone from home, some 15 miles. Since about mid morning was my reply. Well, he said, there's problems at your house. Feathers everywhere. On returning, there was my favourite Jill, covered in blood and all my Silkies dead as bread. MORAL. Keep everything as it should be and accidents won't happen. Smile and get on with it. Jok.

Rew, as much as I like you this has to be said. Your an idiot, for not stock training your dogs, (But I guess you know that now) Any dog that is not stock , cat, sheep, chickens, cattle etc etc steady is a big liability, not only to themselves but to every one and everything that comes into contact with them.

How many times do we see a post where "my dog just killed a cat and the owner wants compensation". If you cannot train a dog to be steady with stock, cats I would question whether you should have a dog? It is not rocket science, and if you don't know how to do it then learn.

Odd things happen when dogs are on a killing spree, what would have happened if a child had tried to get between the dog and it's pet chicken? Thankfully in this instance we don't have to answer that question, but you will get my drift.

A lot of members here will dislike this post, thats up to them, and it's no skin off my nose. But there will be some who will see the truth in what I am saying and agree.

Do yourself a favour and get them trained, it is never too late.

TC

• Like 2

Not only is the dog not stock-steady ,it clearly doesn't retrieve either ...

Seriously though; if my three £1.50 ex battery girls were the victims how would I price their replacement?

Whatever the answer the outcome would be a lot more civilized, less stressful and cheaper if the dog owner made the first move of reconciliation and offered generous compensation instead of messing about and playing for time trying to find out what breed of chickens had been killed .

I'd suggest the owner invest in a couple of ex layers himself in order to steady the dog.

• Like 4

Ok guys you have said what I needed to know. My dogs are stock broken , sheep,cats ferrets etc. I don't work my dogs around chickens but if I needed them to be it wouldn't be very hard to teach them not to. My car insurance wasn't my fault so before I went throwing my money away I wanted to try and sort it out through legal advice, remember it was £500 more than what I was paying in my first year due to some woman crashing it to my parked car. You cant see where I am coming from. Its not like I been driving around without insurance. It looks like I might need to pay the extra after all but don't need the car when im not hunting apart from holidays. I didn't need to go all that way to collect a freezer from Doncaster when my friend was replacing his in time.

I wonder how many others have pet insurance and again, I only posted the incident on here to get it off my chest and share my concerns. Not to collect donations. No matter how much money I have, there are times when I have very little because I have spent up on other things. Im not some weed smoking junky either, I have a very little now and then when im chilling with friends that smoke it as well. Like 90% of everyone in this day and age. But I agree its not something to be proud about either. I like to keep myself fit and healthy.

Again at the time of this chicken thingy, I had my dogs in a out of vets getting myself into debt. I had to wait two weeks before i was paid, only just received my wages . Get paid every month. so I couldn't settle it then so I told him I will sort it when I get the money. I was just thinking this guy is trying to have my pants down, after all he got the birds given to him recently. On checking how much they would cost to replace is around £60.

All this is another issue when I need to build some kennels that already stand me at nearly £300 and that's just for the run. Tight arse. You joker.

Going to see the bloke today, hopefully come to some conclusion. Don't get me wrong I feel for the bloke and want to keep the peace but £150 is a lot for birds he don't know the breeding of.

Edited by REW
  • Like 1

Rew,,,Ross makes a good point,,,,

Should have took that good job I got you,,,,,you would be clearing 300 a week by now,,,,if not a bit more....

At least you know your pup takes feather............lol

• Like 4