Sign in to follow this  
DEERMAN

Kennel /run Floor

it was a builder mate who done it ,he did all building for cheap so don't really want to go back saying that floor shit i hardly paid nothing for labour and had stuff at cost

• Like 1

my freinds pal runs hounds and he put granite dust in with the concreete and scrimed it on like you whuld plaster a wall said its top notch thers also a a paint what swimming pool fitters use before putting tiles down it stops water coming up or soaking down and its cheep it sets like hard rubber and is grippy when you walk on it ime going to try that first if it dosent last i will repaint and tile over it

• Like 1

Ive been goggling different types of cement finishes ,could i lay something onto of old floor ,reading about companies do like a liquid cement which can be laid onto mm in places ???????

id skim it with SBR or a latex floor leveller then once its cured give it a couple of coats of Thomson s water seal it bloody good stuff and stops the piss rotting the concrete

The reason its breaking up is most likely due to it getting wet then frost which will make it become flaky if thats the case then the concrete hasn't been strong enough, wf

• Like 1

Skim it or paint it three's some good gear about nowadays. If you go down the re surfacing route you'll have to scabble the surface first.

Concrete absorbes water. When i lay concrete floor in my runs i put a good cup full off waterproofer in the mix. My option would be cut the bad patches out and re concrete. SBR is good stuff as its used for tanking. That would be £25 a gallon.

Has it cracked right through ? If it has it will need pulling up if not just laytex a couple of times,will cost ( materials) under £100.00

Has it cracked right through ? If it has it will need pulling up if not just laytex a couple of times,will cost ( materials) under £100.00

hasn't cracked just flaking mate

Use a coat of resin on top only a few mm thick it's a bit like self levelling but piss water etc can't soak into it they use it on factory floors it's not cheap but really good stuff

• Like 1