Anyone Else Losing Their Local

Ironic last night the program on the death of the country pub when its just come out that our local will be closing on monday. I have spoken on here before about how two odd balls took over our local two years ago and basically went about slowly killing it by not listening to the locals the female of the pair and i use the word lightly had a better mustache than me and thats not a joke . You weren't allowed to swear . No more Old Rosie as you all get drunk . All of these rules and their attitude of my pub my rules meant that now its gone . :nono::wallbash:

Ours in my little hamlet of a village,,has gone the other way,,,it's was shit with hardly anybody using it,,,but the villagers clubbed together,,,and bought it,,,not me of course,,I've got feck all money for such things,,they then put a good manager in there,,and chef,,,and it's great now,,,the foods fantastic,,real quality home made stuff

• Like 1

yep, lost mine a couple of months ago, the place was thriving but as soon as the landlord starts to make any money the brewery raise the rent etc and the landlord had had enough and told them top stick it. They just shut the doors! i thought they would of put a maneger in or something but no, just shut up and left it. seems to be litteraly a pub a week shutting down around here and all of them are owned by "PUNCH BREWERYS" :censored:

Edited by air gun ant

I was just about to say all the closed down pubs around here get bought by the asian community and turned into teaching/faith centers or something along them lines.

Theres one down the road beside the canal the asians have bought it but its just stood empty it was a real good boozer its classed as a INN and theres a diffarance between a pub and a INN and they carnt change its use

Would love to run my own boozer always fancied it im a sucker for a bar maid :laugh:

There's a new pub in my village. The landlord has converted the downstairs and garden of his house into a pub, beer garden and car park and they have done a smart job. Being independent, without however many tens of thousands in rent to pay and freedom to negotiate beer purchasing, it should hopefully be a viable business. I'm told the drink is around 10% cheaper than other pubs because of the lower overheads.

my local is a typical estate pub,could have been block of flats many times over but still hanging on by a thread,trouble is the current landlord never run a pub in his life and got all his family as staff running the bar and its going down hill quick c**t aint got a clue and people are wising up to it sharpish,sooner he fecks off and brewery put an old school manager in there the better may well be the saving grace either that or tatal demise who knows

• Like 1

I stopped when ale got to a pound a pint, which was years ago now. I said I would and I did, which upset my mates. I'll have a few pints now and then with my lad or at a hunting do, but I'm quite happy staying in, plus I can't afford to be ill with supping too much ale, I'm normally hunting weekend! Just heard that the local near to our kid is charging a tenner to get in on new years eve! And what's happened to Whitbread Chesters mild, can you still get it anywhere? That was a lovely drink in my day.