Decriminalising Drugs?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was being selfish myself for along time also.nite drugs though.me and him are very close.my best mate and son.he wants for nothing now.grades at school are up nearly 100 persent .never misses a day.

Makes sense. Legalise the lot. Prohibition doesn't work and never has.   I hate the shit but it's reality imo.

My opinion is that the drug scene is part of life these days, everybody that goes out has access to cocaine, ketamine, M-Kat, pills etc. etc. Every school kid has access to weed/bud etc. It's so commo

I have never subscribed to the "let's surrender and call it victory" school of thought.......sometimes, you have to be the light brigade and battle the futile cause because if you don't, then what comes next ?

I have never subscribed to the "let's surrender and call it victory" school of thought.......sometimes, you have to be the light brigade and battle the futile cause because if you don't, then what comes next ?

It's a tactical withdrawal. LOL

Legalise drugs why?

Personally wouldn't want to see it. It would definitely encourage more people to use drugs, which would in turn result in more people suffering the type of social & health problems associated with long term drug use.

I would however maybe like to see a different approach taken to heroin addiction. I remember years ago reading about a trial where a doctor was allowed to prescribe heroin. Crime rates in the area apparently plummeted. This also had the effect of removing the criminal element of the supply.

Never had anything to do with smack but I'm not one of those that just think 'junkie scum' and that they don't deserve any help. That sort of attitude helps no-one. Maybe I'm talking shiite, I'd be interested to hear the views of some on here who've had more experience of heroin addiction.

• Like 2

Some of the most dangerous drugs known ARE legal, Nicotine and Alcohol...the two biggest killers of the lot! so why legislate against all the others??? maybe they free the mind to much? maybe the lack of revenue? the whole drug war is a hypocrisy. What right has anyone to dictate how we alter our mental function?? it all boils down to who it harms does it not? self harm has been nullified by the fact they allow us to poison ourselves with fags and booze, both of which kill more than all the others put together, and both legal. If an ADULT wishes to alter his reality thru the use of drugs, and can do so without harming others, where is the issue??? yes, i know some drug user steal, as do non drug users, there are laws in place to govern this, as there are violence etc. And i don't buy into the whole "more will take if legalized" by that rationale, we would all be alcoholic smokers would we not???

Yokel

• Like 3

I really can't see the problem with legalising drugs if folk are wanting too take them then they will I mean it's too the point of I know about 5 lads about 18/20 age range and are all willing too fly too Amsterdam just too smoke weed with out getting in trouble plus the revenue for tax and money that could be staying in the country as for heroine sure why not only too be taken in clinics and be supervised why not if they want too poison there body's why not let them do it safe and charge them and tax them for it as long as things like that are over the age of 20 why not

Only reason I see it ever going legal would be money. Since when did those in power care about the people? Doubt they'd make as much as they'd think though or dealing will stop as they'd just under cut the taxed prices. I'm abit on the fence but leaning more towards legalise. I've tried drugs and had a really good time some the best infact. On the other hand some people's lives are controlled by drugs and it kills people. People are gonna take drugs regardless of the law. Would it end up with more people using drugs if it was made legal?

I can't stand anything that is mind altering, may cause anti-social behaviour of any sort, but let's face it, the fact that it is illegal now hasn't stopped hordes of people being addicted. The problem is within society, and nothing to do with the law.

• Like 1

I can't stand anything that is mind altering, may cause anti-social behaviour of any sort, but let's face it, the fact that it is illegal now hasn't stopped hordes of people being addicted. The problem is within society, and nothing to do with the law.

Unless you're tea total that's a daft thing to say tbh, even chocolate has an effect on the mind, the chemicals it contains mimic the feeling of love, maybe why lots of women are addicted to it?