• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I've mentioned before, I've been keeping pigs on a bit of land near me for a couple of years, it's about three acres or so in size, and for the most part is a jungle of bramble, with a few trees an

The first occupants . . .        

Aye, the good news is that after a bit of a paddy, I've sat myself down and i'm pretty sure I can think my way around it.   We're building a barn after all . . . .   I'll stop being a fanny now

Posted Images

P.s - Yes the mrs does all the hard work.

You should see her reverse a stock trailer or put up a fence . . . . . she's a keeper :yes:

:laugh: :laugh: Does Johnny like you referring to him as "she" :laugh:

Looking good mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

Been doing a few other bits and bobs!

Burnt some stuff :laugh:

IMG_1515_zps5d49a3cb.jpg

IMG_1518_zps3fe1e1db.jpg

Got some posts for the barn :victory: Cheers mate, you know who your are :thumbs:

IMG_1516_zps63be442a.jpg

Cleared a space for a goose run, started digging the trench to sink the wire, and made a house out of some reclaimed wood and tin sheeting.

IMG_1519_zps347880a4.jpg

And found this . . . .

IMG_1520_zps1702aa00.jpg

:toast:

And got the mrs a wee present for grafting so hard recently :yes:

IMG_1522_zps8e37c9e8.jpg

Oh yes and some b*****d reported me and my water got cut off . . . . . :hmm::cray::laugh:

Not the best photos, been a bit hectic :laugh:

Here are the ducks in their new home. Three Khaki Campbell ducks, and a trio of Abacot Rangers. The drake has already been having some fun.

IMG_1529_zps1850b0d5.jpg

IMG_1530_zpsd8e3caef.jpg

The three Embden Goslings, currently living between straw bales in the garage :laugh: Funny little fuckers they are :yes:

IMG_1536_zpsf3a05ee1.jpg

And I didn't get round to taking pictures of the hens, but they are buff sussex, and at the moment in a chicken run on the drive, but they are going in here tomorrow.

IMG_1532_zps55f9a1bd.jpg

Next to the ducks :thumbs:

IMG_1531_zps707170a6.jpg

The mrs just told me we're getting more chooks :laugh:

And my old man said the geese are going in his garden . . . . :laugh: Think he's taken a shine to them.

So we're up to 14 birds so far. . . . . . .. so far . . . . . .

• Like 4

Be careful mate a fox will get under that Harris fencing in seconds ..........

Be careful mate a fox will get under that Harris fencing in seconds ..........

roll your telegraph poles round the bottom for now ..

That Heras fencing is on a hard standing of compacted tarmac and stuff mate, unless the fox has a shovel, I think it will be ok :thumbs: Time will tell :yes:

But I put a two foot mesh skirt on anyway, just to be sure :thumbs:

The area at the front, now that i've scraped it off and cut back the cover, is pretty handy. It was where the guy used to park lorrys, at one point, so there is a proper retaining wall, with drainage, and a good hard compacted yard, and below the mud the entrance track was also compacted hardcore, with a red brick edging lol :laugh:

Handy anyway. But that's why they are there and not up in the field. I have a roll of chain link, that I plan to sink in a foot, with a foot or so skirt, and paving slabs round the outside, with a six / seven foot high fence, with an out wards turn at the top. I'm hoping that will do the trick for up there. :thumbs:

Had four duck eggs this morning :victory:

Edited to add - the ducks and chooks are also shut in their houses within the compound at night.

Edited by Ideation
  • Like 1

Mate I'm not being funny but with that gap at the bottom a fox will easily get in there ... They are determined fukcers for a free meal especially at this time of year ......

• Like 3