Wellingtons..muck boots, aigle etc

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would agrree with you 99% of the time mate but some times when all you will be doing is walking muddy field you can't beat a pair of wellies for ease of cleaning.

For me it's Muck Boots every time. For around £55 you can buy the Muck boot derwent which it a cracking boot. I wear mine all the time as they are like slippers really comfortable, they are Neoprene a

i have the muck boots, so comfy, ive tabbed over 12 miles and wouldnt believe id just done it in wellies, the neopreme does restrict how deep you can can wade but if your lamping then thats not really

Can't stand wellies, hate the sloshing noise they make and am yet to meet a person who can walk in em quietly. For me rockport xcs, used a few good pair of timbos and a pair of lacoste boots and I'm yet to find a pair of hunting boots or wellies that came anywhere near any of the above.

muck boots are the warmest and most confortable wellies ive ever had,,,,,BUT i wouldnt have another pair,

the sole doesnt have a good grip to start with and after they get a little worn they are deadly, you wont get

more than 18 months out of a pair and 6 months of that will be spent slipping on your arse,

i'm now using hunter balmoral neo, and after 18 months are still going strong at around the same price

as the muck boots,,,,,i did nealy buy the aigle's as the rubber on them is very subtle and moulds to your

foot but they are a bit more expensive and im not sure they would be as robust as the hunter's??

or you could go for lacoste ffs so a pair of boots that the forces swear bye,,,miendl,,,lowa,,,etc wouldnt live upto a pair of fashion boot's

12345?????good advice,,, somtimes if you dont know what the feck your talking about it's probably the best policy to say feck all !!!!

millet i know what your saying about boot's,,,i used to hate wellies but these day's they are not the cold ill fitting things they used

to be,,,,you know there's just day's when you need wellies over boots

Edited by dazzz
  • Like 1

millet i know what your saying about boot's,,,i used to hate wellies but these day's they are not the cold ill fitting things they used

I have had all kind's of wellies i have a pair of le chameau leather lined ones at the moment which cost a fortune and they are still shite compared to my boot's..before the leather ones i had a pair of aigle neoprene lined jobbies..i used to swaet like mad in them and they where very hard to get back of..i ended up having to cut them off one day with a knife.. :blink: the main reason i am not a wellie fan is they offer no ankle support at all which i need for a weak ankle..for me it's another personal preference thing..

Tay Sport Muck boot very cumfy very warm excellent grip worth every penny.

I bought a pair of Tay muck boots had them about a Month, so sole was not worn, was going down a grass slope, the feet just went from me, I grabbed a wire fence to cushion my fall, resulting in four stiches on my finger,

Ended up screwing wader studs into them, there grip is crap.

I emailed them about this, and i never recieved a reply.

I have had all kind's of wellies i have a pair of le chameau leather lined ones at the moment which cost a fortune and they are still shite compared to my boot's..before the leather ones i had a pair of aigle neoprene lined jobbies..i used to swaet like mad in them and they where very hard to get back of..i ended up having to cut them off one day with a knife.. :blink: the main reason i am not a wellie fan is they offer no ankle support at all which i need for a weak ankle..for me it's another personal preference thing..

i know what your saying, must admit ive never had chameau's but i know lads who have and they say they are not as

good as they used to be??? so im not risking that expence on a pair of wellies,sounds to me like it's your feet thats the problem lol

if they make you sweat then your feet swell hence the problem's getting them off,,,,,,,i'd advise getting yourself a new pair of feet

haha

Grubb stalker boots so far so good and with the vibram sole 10 time's better than the avon muck boots that didnt last six months.I found the toggi wellys more robust and stronger than the hunters aigles and le chemau i have had over the years.

i have had my grubbs stalkers nearly 2 years apart from a rip in the neoprene my own fault they are great and still going strong far better than muckboots :thumbs: