hard terriers

Bit harsh the way you finished up there BD no need for it.

Sorry mate, i'm bored shitless and i've got nothing better to do than to rattle the cage lol.

Just like to say, hard dogs dont impress me, dogs that work n get the job done do. seen a few and they always seem to end up in the same place, not many can start hard and work that way season after season, I say not many as Im sure there are dogs out there that have but unless they learn to use there voice now and again then it usaly always goes tits up for them

Edited by lukey
  • Like 1

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant be arsed to trawl the thread to see if i posted in it but wuthout the hard ,rough type we would have no future workers to work .

You can only piss with the dick you've got, if you've got hard terriers then work them accordingly, in the right sort of place. What's a man to do should his stock suddenly breed hard terriers ? Shoul

Lads if your dog is mute, an takes some flack, or if your dogs mute an dont take flack, whats the problem, as long as the dog STAYS. If you have quarry thats been therre before, you need a good d

Posted Images

Guest dee mac

A hard dog may only be useful in some places but without hard dogs to breed from you would end up with no good terriers down the line

:thumbs: Places where hard dogs are needed, I would take hard dog or a bayer as long as they stay till the job is done, and as said before, stuff that dosnt want to be dug will not be dug with a bayer. If I had the chance to pick how a dog worked it would be one that bayed but would always be willing to put in that wee bit extra when needed, I wouldnt call that a bayer though

You are wrong.............. seen many an undiggable beast be tamed by a good strong bayer. Just because a dog shows his quarry respect does not mean he is soft he just knows how to work properly. Dogs that let stuff past regularly when the pressure is on are not good baying terriers either. The only time i can see a HARD dog getting you a result faster than with a digging dog is in a very shallow place with few stop ends and he would hold it till dug mid tube. But a good steady dog in the same place would still get you the result might take a little longer but whats the rush the mark of a dog is time to ground IMO not just a head count.

butler you ve hit it spot on i ve a dog here and when people see him they assume he s a hard dog but he aint he ll bay up tight keep stuff busy but if the quarry want too test the water so too speak he ll stand his ground and give as good as he gets he has signs off work on him but its just a collection built up from a lot of digging his brother was very hard for two seasons then realised how to use his brain now he s a nice steady dog who stands up when needs be to.for me the perfect digging dog is a boxer not a brawler they need too have a brain and know how to use it and its time in the ground that makes and shapes them if half the so called owners of hard dogs upped the work load on these dogs they d be suprised the way they settle down altho some might spew and thats what a lot of men are afraid off but you only know what you have in the kennells by working them hard and being honest too yourself cause thats the only person you end up kidding .
  • Like 1

A hard dog may only be useful in some places but without hard dogs to breed from you would end up with no good terriers down the line

:thumbs: Places where hard dogs are needed, I would take hard dog or a bayer as long as they stay till the job is done, and as said before, stuff that dosnt want to be dug will not be dug with a bayer. If I had the chance to pick how a dog worked it would be one that bayed but would always be willing to put in that wee bit extra when needed, I wouldnt call that a bayer though

You are wrong.............. seen many an undiggable beast be tamed by a good strong bayer. Just because a dog shows his quarry respect does not mean he is soft he just knows how to work properly. Dogs that let stuff past regularly when the pressure is on are not good baying terriers either. The only time i can see a HARD dog getting you a result faster than with a digging dog is in a very shallow place with few stop ends and he would hold it till dug mid tube. But a good steady dog in the same place would still get you the result might take a little longer but whats the rush the mark of a dog is time to ground IMO not just a head count.

butler you ve hit it spot on i ve a dog here and when people see him they assume he s a hard dog but he aint he ll bay up tight keep stuff busy but if the quarry want too test the water so too speak he ll stand his ground and give as good as he gets he has signs off work on him but its just a collection built up from a lot of digging his brother was very hard for two seasons then realised how to use his brain now he s a nice steady dog who stands up when needs be to.for me the perfect digging dog is a boxer not a brawler they need too have a brain and know how to use it and its time in the ground that makes and shapes them if half the so called owners of hard dogs upped the work load on these dogs they d be suprised the way they settle down altho some might spew and thats what a lot of men are afraid off but you only know what you have in the kennells by working them hard and being honest too yourself cause thats the only person you end up kidding .

Dee, when I say wont be dug by a bayer I dont mean a dog that will bay I mean an out and out bayer wont dig them. And the dog you talk of is just the kind of dog I would give my right arm for, Ive yet to see a dog work as well as he did when I seen him :thumbs:

Guest dee mac

Dee, when I say wont be dug by a bayer I dont mean a dog that will bay I mean an out and out bayer wont dig them. And the dog you talk of is just the kind of dog I would give my right arm for, Ive yet to see a dog work as well as he did when I seen him :thumbs:

yea i know what you mean lukey he not a bayer as in say a little yapper thats never close enough to get a nip id class the type im referring too as a steady baying dog thats busy and willing to step in when needs be.

yea i know what you mean lukey he not a bayer as in say a little yapper thats never close enough to get a nip id class the type im referring too as a steady baying dog thats busy and willing to step in when needs be.

Just dont want people thinking Im saying that dogs that bark cant dig testing places :thumbs:

Just dont want people thinking Im saying that dogs that bark cant dig testing places :thumbs:

:laugh:

never took you for the sort that cared :icon_eek:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

:D

Oh aye mate, if you want to advertise that collar to sell it I`ll post it to whoever buys it we havnt ever used it just forgot all about it! :thumbs:

Oh aye mate, if you want to advertise that collar to sell it I`ll post it to whoever buys it we havnt ever used it just forgot all about it! :thumbs:

just keep a hold of it for me please mate, we up last weekend this month to get the lads pup

so ill get it then

:thumbs:

there is a few earths round my way that a hard dog is usually needed or a very good sounder that will mix it up if needed be.The game is so used to getting dug that it will just run around the earth all day long and try push past the terrier

25 members watching how about a bit of contribution lads make the terrier section what it should be ....:thumbs:

47 people looking at this now and all because it was started with ,hard terriers,be careful lads . gobsxxts in ireland had there dogs lifted by ispca because they talked too much about there hard dogs......

• Like 1

;)

25 members watching how about a bit of contribution lads make the terrier section what it should be ....:thumbs:

47 people looking at this now and all because it was started with ,hard terriers,be careful lads . gobsxxts in ireland had there dogs lifted by ispca because they talked too much about there hard dogs......

;):yes: LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS