hancock lurchers

Let's be honest here, it doesn't take a wonder dog to be handy on rabbits. We are not reinventing the wheel here, if reared right chances are you will end up with a decent dog be it off Hancock or any other peddler. Some folk don't have the luxury of knowing people who have tested animals at the time they are after a dog, you get what it says on the tin with the Colonel that's about it.

the colonel is a different fella, and there's pups about if your patient

Fcuk me sideways I never knew that, I've always assumed he was the same bloke and I've had a dog off him 19 year ago.

Don't buy the CMW myself, but have read a few articles by the Colonel, similar writer to Plummer if I remember rightly, lot of knowledge on the history of all sorts of breeds. Always remember Hancock writing about using Linden Eland bred coursing greyhounds to produce his lurchers in the early days, wonder if they bother nowadays or if any old greyhound will do

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bet Mr Hancock wishes he had a tenner for every post on here relating to his kennels, or posts on other sites for that matter.   My views are fairly simple and based on seeing a few over the years

Unless a dog bites chavies,..I would never call it shit,...   Jukels are like people,.some more talented than others,...just trying to get through their lives, best as they can.. Some make the g

Hancock dogs can't do it   Clearly shot and retrieved

Posted Images

Let's be honest here, it doesn't take a wonder dog to be handy on rabbits. We are not reinventing the wheel here, if reared right chances are you will end up with a decent dog be it off Hancock or any other peddler. Some folk don't have the luxury of knowing people who have tested animals at the time they are after a dog, you get what it says on the tin with the Colonel that's about it.

Fcuk me sideways I never knew that, I've always assumed he was the same bloke and I've had a dog off him 19 year ago.
Don't buy the CMW myself, but have read a few articles by the Colonel, similar writer to Plummer if I remember rightly, lot of knowledge on the history of all sorts of breeds. Always remember Hancock writing about using Linden Eland bred coursing greyhounds to produce his lurchers in the early days, wonder if they bother nowadays or if any old greyhound will do

I have and I always assumed him (peddler) and Plummer were pals, i never knew the Colonel was a different man entirely.

I'm sure someone said its cast off track Grey's now days.
  • Like 1

them lines(english waterloo cup breeding)-are more or less extinct now-might be 1 or 2 remotely related to linden eland in u.s.a

Hancock dogs can't do it

Clearly shot and retrieved

Deffantly not directly from hancocks kennels, the ears ring bedlington to me
its a bitch directly out of delboy. Beardy border

It cant be, folk on here know best haha

Either way I know thisbdog isn't out of davids kennels iv been round that shit tip it's just up the road and there's not one dog there that looks remotely like this dog, other than that it does look a nice bred dog, as most knownim not a fan of anything with collie in it but there are good ones about I just don't know why anyone would entertain the peddler himself

Hancock dogs can't do it

Clearly shot and retrieved

Deffantly not directly from hancocks kennels, the ears ring bedlington to me
its a bitch directly out of delboy. Beardy border
. That was my first thoughts my hunting acquaintance has one from each delboy and the late Alex I got it mixed up .lol but a knew fa damn sure there were no buddy in there lol.nice dog seems to be keeping you happy keep at it atbbunnys

Well you don't know a great deal then. Plenty dogs come out of hancocks kennels looking just like that.

I'm telling you it's a Hancock because I know the bitch.

Also know loads of other boys knocking all sorts over with them. But il only be called a liar again.

I'm sure he could post a pic of its ear tattoo for you to show origin of said dog... Lol

• Like 1